You can type here any text you want

Greenies moving in to TRY to halt Detroits 'Woodward Ave Dream Cruise"

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ozpont

.. if you have not been to Detroit for roughly the 3rd weekend in August .. the fun might not last forever.. guys.. if you take whats emerging here from the leading Detroit based newspaper "The Detroit Free Press"..

PLANNING A PROTEST: .... Dream Cruise in crosshairs
Clean air crusader targets Woodward event
April 14, 2007

BY TINA LAM

Joellen Gilchrist knows her mission is heresy. She's expecting rude shouts and unkind gestures, but that won't deter her. She wants to stop the Dream Cruise.

Thousands of pre-Clean Air Act vehicles spewing carbon dioxide into the atmosphere contribute to global warming, she said this week. "It was fun for a few years, but it's time for it to be over," she said.

... read on if you want..
PLANNING A PROTEST: Dream Cruise in crosshairs

You guys gotta go there.. better then Carlisle or Pomona Swap meet by 100 times.. better then the Dayton's TA Nats etc etc.. ... it's better then sex.....

.. stay in Detroit and take the time to open your eyes to the history of the place.. and dispite the short comings of many places around the world.. I beleive and have experienced Detroit still is a place of opportunity...

Attachments

• escalade.jpg
    escalade.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 170
I go every year :-)

Good luck to her but it will never happen. That event draws so many people that would otherwise never eat there or stay in motels/hotels...shop...etc. It is so good for business it will go on forever.

Hell, the 'green garbage truck' thing even drives in it! How hypercritical is that!

If I see her this year I will run her over.

umm...

If I see her this year I will run her over.

.. umm.. can we line her up..???... maybe sell some tickets & raise some money for a good cause.. :redface:
.. each tickets buyer gets a free decal..... "I smoked a Greenie on Woodward"...:D

As you drive by the protestors....

Take out a portable air horn and let it loose whenever their mouth is open.

I really, really doubt that the amount of emmisions distributed into the Detroit atmosphere by these "pre-emission-clean" cars is going to adversly affect anything for more than a few hours or a few moments even. As well, this town needs all the additional revenue that any event can bring in.
The earth is a big rock that's been spinning it's way around our system for a LOOOONNNNGGG time. I seriously doubt that humankind is going to redirect its eventual path with wahtever we throw it. It'll shake us all off when it's finally had enough of us anyway. As Brian Setzer put it best, "Rev it up and GO, Rev it up and GO GO GO!!"

I am all for saving the enviroment but these people take it too far. I bet they are flying in from around the country... boy, I wonder how much they contributed to pollution during that flight? Or they last time they farted?

if all the TR's lined up side by side and all launched at the same time....could we alter the rotation of the earth?

I really, really doubt that the amount of emmisions distributed into the Detroit atmosphere by these "pre-emission-clean" cars is going to adversly affect anything for more than a few hours or a few moments even. As well, this town needs all the additional revenue that any event can bring in.

She isn't complaining about the emissions, she is complaing about the CO2, ie Global Warming, which makes the protest even more stupid.

If the protest was about cleaner air, it would be one thing, but it is not.

If the greenies want to do something about CO2 emissions, slap a CO2 tax on EVERYTHING that emits CO2, not just cars.

Zoos, farmers and Northeaster liberals that use oil to heat their houses, hardest hit.

What about paintball guns? Aren't they powered by CO2?

I just noticed that this thread is in the Trans Am Tech....doh!

1 to 3 million spectators and participants are not going to let this tree hugging whore stop the event.

Dave
(formally from MI)

I just posted the question as an events thread but since everyone here seems to be discussing it I'd chime in.

Where does everyone stay for hotels? Anyone seen garage space at any hotels? How about parking, all TTA's join up somewhere?

I'm really looking forward to my first Woodward cruise.

Thanks

Hotels...

Fairfield Inn.. Courtyard Detroit Auburn Hills, 1296 Opdyke Road - Auburn Hills, MI, 48326..
.... its a few blocks from the old Pontiac HQ & a few from the Chrysler HQ.. also alot of interesting private auto business's around the back blocks there doing research work.. more I can't say about that. I've been staying there for probably the best part of 15 years now & will again.
Easy location to get to the Pontiac Loop.. which for those that have not been.. Woodard Ave stretches basically from down town detroit right up thru the 8 or so towns along the closed off Dream Cruise route.. right thru to the Pontiac commercial district which is a .. big LOOP and then goes back to detroit again..
Cost wise the hotel is pretty ok.. . about $80 per night on average.

... http://marriott.com/search/findHotels.mi

getmap.aspx

PS.. 1 Quik6... Q: you live in Michigan.. how come you never been on the Cruise... ??

getmap.aspx

PS.. 1 Quik6... Q: you live in Michigan.. how come you never been on the Cruise... ??[/QUOTE]

Even though I am in Michigan it is about a 18 hour round trip drive:frown: . I regularly attend many shows but just never made that one. It is really a close call, I had really considered doing the Car Craft Summer Nationals in Minneapolis again instead. It is about the same distance and that is a great show too.

I've been looking at the Woodward web sight. Some of those little towns are pre-selling parking spaces. Is that something worth buying? What little town does everybody meet up in? Does the cruise go all day long with cars driving up and down woodward? I'm definately looking forward to that many detroit muscle cars.

Thanks for the advice!

The two years I went with my TTA we all met up at 13 mile and Woodward. SW corner of 13 mile. My first year was when the big power outage happened through the mid-west and New York.

If you go, look for 'Metal' (Jim), He really likes his beer and his f-body's.

Dave

Back