You can type here any text you want

Grounds

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

vacuum 6

From the factory the battery is grounded to the body and block. Yes, it's a bad idea to ground critical components (i.e.-fuel pump etc) to the body or frame...lots of rust etc there. The best thing is to directly ground to the battery or block.

Here's my question: are you guys running a "redundant" ground from the block to the frame? I don't see any downsides to this.

From the factory the battery is grounded to the body and block. Yes, it's a bad idea to ground critical components (i.e.-fuel pump etc) to the body or frame...lots of rust etc there. The best thing is to directly ground to the battery or block.
Here's my question: are you guys running a "redundant" ground from the block to the frame? I don't see any downsides to this.

There is no upside to it either unless you have something else grounded to the frame.

You can add as many "redundant" grounds as you like... but if the original ground isn't in poor condition you gain nothing

Back