You can type here any text you want

GTA wheel spacer?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

rphatdad

I have a set of GTA wheels to mount on my GN.
fronts & rears not 4 fronts.

what size spacer do I need to make the rears work?

You will get different "opinions", but on my car I need a minimum 3/8 spacer to comfortably clear the tierod end. You will have to run longer studs or you can go the 1 inch adaptor route.

Kirban's sells hubcentric spacers. They have the studs built in. The pair is expensive...I thin around $175. They are 1 1/8 inches thick.

If you have 12" brakes, you don't need a spacer.

Otherwise, 3/8" will be fine. Longer studs are an easy install.

I know Kirban's does. They also have 5/8" spacers. Like the other guy said, Kirban also sells the good kind of spacers but they're a bit more expensive.

Not to beat a dead horse but I looked at Kirbans 1 inch. Which mounts rears to rears. Does the 3/8 inch spacer with adding your own longer studs mount the rears to rear or rears to front?

3/8 spacer and longer studs mount rear wheels to the front. I wouldn't recommend running the adaptors on the drive wheels of any car making any kind of power. People do, but I wouldn't.

I am using a complete set of T/A / GTA wheels on my T along with a set of 1.25" billet spacers in the rear. The front wheels are on the front and the rear wheels are on the rear of the car. IMHO, the wheels sit perfectly in the wheel wells. I experimented with a few different spacers widths and with the fronts on the rear etc. I paid around $50 for my spacers on eBay.

Attachments

• trimmed 01.JPG
    trimmed 01.JPG
    86.7 KB · Views: 197
  • trimmed 02.JPG
    trimmed 02.JPG
    83 KB · Views: 210
3/8 spacer and longer studs mount rear wheels to the front. I wouldn't recommend running the adaptors on the drive wheels of any car making any kind of power. People do, but I wouldn't.

People often are afraid to run spaces on drive wheels and that makes sense, but what I don't get is whats wrong with adaptors with studs. Those kinds of adaptors cannot be any less strong than the axle flanges.

People often are afraid to run spaces on drive wheels and that makes sense, but what I don't get is whats wrong with adaptors with studs. Those kinds of adaptors cannot be any less strong than the axle flanges.

I ran adapters with studs all summer, from April until October. I checked them every month and they never backed off even an bit :cool:

Back