You can type here any text you want

GTA Wheels Question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

nick368

Ok, so I have 4 GTA fronts. I mounted them with 245/50/16 fronts and 255/50/16 rears. I had spacers on the rears and left them on. The fronts I didn't have spacers on and when I try to make a hard left or right turn I am getting some rub. Should I put spacers on the fronts?

Now these are GTA front rims-shouldn't the 245's in the front be ok?

Ok, so I have 4 GTA fronts. I mounted them with 245/50/16 fronts and 255/50/16 rears. I had spacers on the rears and left them on. The fronts I didn't have spacers on and when I try to make a hard left or right turn I am getting some rub. Should I put spacers on the fronts?

Now these are GTA front rims-shouldn't the 245's in the front be ok?

I have same rims... same size on the front. Mine rub slightly on hard turns as well.... new body bushings...new springs are coming at some point.... not sure if that will help the rubbing or not...

The rubbing as described is generally attributed to the body not being centered on the frame due to a mismatch of the holes in the lower body where it attaches to the frame. Generally new bushings will not alleviate the situation any or very little. I don't remember which side the bodies are set to but they are. You can visually verify this as the clearance between the inside ends of front and rear bumpers are not evenly distributed between the bumper fillers / body. Sometimes, but very seldom, this can be remedied by loosening the body bushing bolts all at one time enough to slightly lift the body away from the frame and then re-centering the body when tightening the body bushing bolts. If you can get enough room between the body frame relationship you can dremel / hand grind / relieve metal on the side that needs more clearance. Mine is the same way, and I have learned to live with it at least until I have a reason to do as described up above. No easy cure generally. HTH. I am running same size tires but on 4 front GTA rims and refuse to run spacers.

Same here , I run the 4 - front GTAs and get rubbing as well at full turn , I just don't turn the wheel hard all the way, maybe some 12" brakes will space them enough ?

Slight Rubbing

I Installed The Gnx Plastic Skirt Extensions That Rick Hunt Made. There Were Actually On The Gnx. I Get Very Slight Rubb,nothing That I'm Worried About Though.

Back