You can type here any text you want

Guaging interest. TT/A 1400 miles

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

twinvipers

Might be selling my pride and joy to buy another GNX.

1400 mile, leather t-top car. This car is museum quality. Even the undercarraige is perfect. Not a mark to be found. It is actually much cleaner then any of my other cars. I don't care if you found one with 100 miles, it can't be any cleaner than this car.

What should this car be worth ? Thanks for the help...

twinvipers said:
Might be selling my pride and joy to buy another GNX.

1400 mile, leather t-top car. This car is museum quality. Even the undercarraige is perfect. Not a mark to be found. It is actually much cleaner then any of my other cars. I don't care if you found one with 100 miles, it can't be any cleaner than this car.

In April 2002 I bought one with 1,110 miles. It was as perfect as the one you have listed. Not a single flaw could be found with that car. $20k was the price I paid. It had been listed for $24k for months before but did not sell.

In December 2004 I sold the car. It had 3,894 miles on it at that time. I listed it for $22k and for 4 months I did not get a single inquiry. I ended up selling it for $20k to the first and only person who looked at it.

I think you would be able to sell the car for $20k-$21k. You might find someone who is willing to pay a little more but it may be a long wait. Finding people with $20k to spend on a toy car is difficult at best.

Good luck with the sale.

1987 GN said:
In April 2002 I bought one with 1,110 miles. It was as perfect as the one you have listed. Not a single flaw could be found with that car. $20k was the price I paid. It had been listed for $24k for months before but did not sell.

In December 2004 I sold the car. It had 3,894 miles on it at that time. I listed it for $22k and for 4 months I did not get a single inquiry. I ended up selling it for $20k to the first and only person who looked at it.

I think you would be able to sell the car for $20k-$21k. You might find someone who is willing to pay a little more but it may be a long wait. Finding people with $20k to spend on a toy car is difficult at best.

Good luck with the sale.

I think it's worth more than 21K. I don't need the money and wouldn't part with it for less than 25K.
I just watched one with 4K miles sell for 23K.

twinvipers said:

What ever the market bears and someone is willing to pay. Guess you need 25K.

To me, I prefer driving and beating on the car. As investments, theyre terrible ones. At some point I will beat it into the ground, then buy a 1,000 mile one for 25K and proceed to beat on that one. As I cant take cars to the grave, and really hate maintaining(waxing,cleaning,insurance,oil,etc) them.

No enjoyment looking at it sitting. I know its a personal preference..

Mine has 17K miles fwiw..

Razor said:
What ever the market bears and someone is willing to pay. Guess you need 25K.

To me, I prefer driving and beating on the car. As investments, theyre terrible ones. At some point I will beat it into the ground, then buy a 1,000 mile one for 25K and proceed to beat on that one. As I cant take cars to the grave, and really hate maintaining(waxing,cleaning,insurance,oil,etc) them.

No enjoyment looking at it sitting. I know its a personal preference..

Mine has 17K miles fwiw..

I beat on the Vipers :biggrin:

1987 GN said:
Sorry about the multiple posts....seemed like my session timed out so I hit the submit button again...and again. Guess it worked! :biggrin:

I THOUGHT IT WAS GROUNDHOG DAY !!! :biggrin:

Razor said:
Me too :eek: :wink:

:biggrin:

You need just a little more :biggrin: to run with mine.

9.27@161MPH 128MPH to the 1/8th :biggrin:

6 speed, stock suspension :biggrin:

twinvipers said:
I think it's worth more than 21K. I don't need the money and wouldn't part with it for less than 25K.
I just watched one with 4K miles sell for 23K.

I think with enough patience you might get it. But I think it will not happen until late spring/early summer. I do not know about the GNX's but the T/A are seasonal. They sell for more in the summer than the winter.

Are getting completly out of the TTA's or just regouping for an elusive hardtop? :biggrin:

- Dave

I don't think there is a down season for GNXs right now :p maybe trans am's will get there SOON :eek:

IMHO, I wouldn't take less than 30K for it. Whether it's worth that much on the market now is a different question (probably not), but I don't think it's worth letting go for $25k unless you paid well less than that.

Off topic - isn't your location where that TWA flight went down? I'm across the island from you in CT and I remember the weird looking sky that night even from our side.

mark b said:
IMHO, I wouldn't take less than 30K for it. Whether it's worth that much on the market now is a different question (probably not), but I don't think it's worth letting go for $25k unless you paid well less than that.

Off topic - isn't your location where that TWA flight went down? I'm across the island from you in CT and I remember the weird looking sky that night even from our side.

I live here now, wasn't here when the flight went down.

Actually moving to N.C. soon.

davege said:
I think with enough patience you might get it. But I think it will not happen until late spring/early summer. I do not know about the GNX's but the T/A are seasonal. They sell for more in the summer than the winter.

Are getting completly out of the TTA's or just regouping for an elusive hardtop? :biggrin:

- Dave

Dave,

It's just a thought. Don't really know if I can part with it :confused:

I moved to North Carolina about 6 months ago (living in Raleigh right now). If you have any questions or need a place to store one of your cars (ha, ha!), let me know.

Back