You can type here any text you want

Guys running 15x10 wheels, what backspacing?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

J Banning

Quench my thirst with C16
Like the title says, what backspacing are you running with a 15x10" wheel.

I'll be notching my frame and triming the fender lips. I want to run a Centerline 15x10. I'm seeing a 4.5" and a 5" backspace available.

Your thoughts?

Thanks,
-Banning.

Back Spacing

If you don't notch you frame rails you should be able to fit a 15x10 w/4.5" bs. If you do notch your frame you could use a 5" bs.

A local guy has run a 15x10 W/5" BS and a 275 50 15 with a rolled fender lip and no notch. He eventually notch the frame to run bigger slicks at the track. I would do the 5" BS and notch the frame if you had to.

back spacing

Weld 15X10 with 5 in. BS. Trimed fender lip and notched frame. Goodyear 29X10. 1/8 spacer on one wheel. 3/8 in. clearance @ frame. Hope this helps. All cars body do not sit on frame the same as I/m sure you know.

Originally posted by aquickv6
I have seen the 5.5" back space (WELD) work well with the frame notch.

With frame notched leaving back inner rail, and reinforcing the back side. I have run 10"Weld Pro-Stars with 5.5" B.S. with 29.5x10.5 MT's and 29x12.0 Goodyears. No spacers.

I just test fitted a set of a wheels & slicks my buddy had. 15x10 convo pros with 4.75" backspacing (I don't think they make this size any more) with 28.5x10.15x15 slicks.

With aluminum drums, a 1/4" spacer, and NO frame notch, the wheel/tire combo is too tight on my car.

Any slight latteral movement and I'm sure that the tires would rub the frame. One interesting thing you can see is that I have approx 1/4" more clearance on the passenger side frame rail. Either the axle isn't centered correctly, or something is up with the rear section of the frame rails. :dunno:

I don't want to run any spacers. So, with them off and the frame notched, I still don't know if I'll have the clearance.

Thoughts/suggestions?

15x10 Convo 5in BS. 28x10.5 ET drag. notched frame.Close to the outer lip.After triming its close but never touches.

15x10 w/5" bs and 275/60/15 MT drag radials. No frame notch, just a rolled fender lip. Fits perfectly. They will actually fit without the rolled lip but I had it this way when I had slicks on the car.

SPOT MY 6

Originally posted by SPOT MY 6
15x10 w/5" bs and 275/60/15 MT drag radials. No frame notch, just a rolled fender lip. Fits perfectly. They will actually fit without the rolled lip but I had it this way when I had slicks on the car.
Do u have pics of ur set up? and if so please e-mail them to ajordan09@comcast.net

Im in the process of selling my 15x8 alumastar to replace them with 15x10 alumastar with MT 275/60/15s DRs and would like to see the results before i go all the way in!

Originally posted by stk6bngr
i thought u could use a 3.5 inch bs and no clearence problem???
Your car would look like a frog with the tires sticking out of the wheel wells.

GNXTACY,
The only pic I have with the MT 275/60/15's on 15x10's with 5"bs is at the following link, but it is very blurry.
Pictures
If you click to view the big high res pic, you can see how they tuck into the wheel well a little better.

Just chop the rail and be done with it.you can tuck the tire /wheel up in the well better with more back space.

Yes but from what I have read, chopping the frame makes it weak and causes it to crease under hard launches.

I do have a question on all this. I have Goodrich TA 295-50r-15's with the gbody modified stock rims 10" on mine, with aluminum drums I am just a tad under a half inch of space on the frame, and about 2 1/2 inches on the fender lip. My question, is that enough??? If I roll the fender lip it will tuck under (just barely).....I mean how much lateral movement does this cars rear end actually have??? I also have UMI uppers and lowers that I installed to stiffen the rear....

Think maybe we could get some input from all you guys on what your clearence is to the frame and fender lip?......at least from those running big tires.....

SPOT MY 6 said:

Just what I wanted to hear!

Joe Lubrant said:
With frame notched leaving back inner rail, and reinforcing the back side. I have run 10"Weld Pro-Stars with 5.5" B.S. with 29.5x10.5 MT's and 29x12.0 Goodyears. No spacers.

Joe,

May I pleaes see pictures of the frame notch and the reinforcement?

Back