You can type here any text you want

H&R mounts vs RJC rear motor brace

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ikle

What do you think is better for a car that is used 99% on the street?I am hoping to have the car run consistant mid 11's for now, but would want to run in the 10's in the future,at these power level's do I have any worries with to much stress being applied to the block at the motor mounts area.I read that H&R mounts do this but not sure at what level this might occur and are the H&R mounts to stiff for the street.Thanks' ikle.

HR mounts. Guys run 8's with a stock block and HR mounts, no RJC rear motor brace and are not hurting blocks. I wouldn't let any B.S. propaganda you are hearing sway your decision to go with HR mounts, they are proven.

HR Mounts + RJC RMB

Could install both......

I recently asked Jason this very question..... if it would be worthwhile to install his new Rear Motor Brace in conjuction with my HR Mounts already installed.

(Hope you don't mind me posting your response Jason).

Here's an excerpt from his reply:

it is needed regardless of what motormounts you have on your car. the motor mounts hold the engine at the front of the motor so all the torsion stress on the engine is transferred through the entire block. also the motormounts hold the engine at the narrowest point. this does not offer much leverage on the radial torque of the whole power plant. this motor brace loads the motor at the rear of the engine relieving the entire engine of the rotational load. it also has a very wide stance so that there is good leverage for a secure rigid mount. This is one of the best things you can do for longevity of the motor.

Say what you may about vendors blowing their own horns......but this makes sense to me.

RJC make great quality and innovative products........so I know what my next purchase is going to be!

Say what you may about vendors blowing their own horns......but this makes sense to me.

RJC make great quality and innovative products........so I know what my next purchase is going to be!

We have been racing and driving these cars for over 25 years. Why "ALL THE SUDDEN" is this "Needed". Is there any conclusive PROOF that there it is necessary, or is this a sales pitch? I would be more interested in some actual proof from engine builders who actually see these bores and issues with the blocks being over stressed (motor mounts) from not having a engine brace. Why don't production cars today have engine braces, they still use motor mounts, if cylinder sealing was improved then we would think from a emissions point of view the need. We are not re-inventing the wheel here now.

Spend your $$ any way you want. The man who posted the thread is planning on running in the 11's and anybody who says the motor brace is "needed" is full of $hit period.

I called Jason and ordered the brace the other day. I needed a solution to my downpipe whacking into the upper control arm. I called Jason, who sells both poly motor mounts and his brace. He was very helpful. I asked what he would do, what he recommended was I try the brace. I figure I can't go wrong for $100. I was ready to drop a few hundred on poly mounts myself. I like the fact that I can hopefully keep engine vibration down in cab, as this is still a street car. We know the poly mounts work, however this is a new promising product. I'll let you know how they work on my car, as I'm in the same basic class... Easy 11's all day, but streetable.

the brace is not meant to replace good motor mounts. it does help hold the motor in place with stock mounts much better than the old torque strap. On the higher HP applications it helps put the load where it can do the least damage.

As for all of those stock blocks running 8s with just the HR motor mounts... both cars that have run 8s with a stock block have full motor plates. one has front and rear motor plates. the motor plates is what they say makes their motors have any life at that level. That is what sparked the idea in the first place..
It would be nice if guys would do a little research and get their facts straight before posting.

JASON,,,what is the differance between the race and street model brace as the pics look similiar

the difference was the foot. the race had a solid foot and the street had a rubber foot.

Now there is only one version. we found a much more durable heavy duty foot that has a rubber pad on the bottom of it. so it is a much more solid connection and still does not transmit engine vibration into the passenger compartment. best of both worlds you could say.

one more thing. This brace was not designed to compete with or be used instead of the HR motor mounts. the motor mounts in our opinion are a must have item. This Rear Motor Brace is meant to compliment the HR mounts and to help the guys with stock mounts keep the motor in place. It is made to replace those old antiquated "torque straps" that people used to use when running stock mounts.

Back