Hartline XFI 2 Step and Hot Wire.

NY Twin Turbo

All the good stuff.....Times 2.
I have Cal's XFI 2 step ignition adapter for our factory ignition system. If I hot wire the ignition will it bypass the 2 step? Meaning, will it render it useless?

I was thinking. If I run a relayed hot wire to the ignition, and use a fuse holder in that line, then all I have to do is plug the ignition adapter into the new fuse. No?

Also, what wire off the coil plug is the one that gets the hot wire? I think there is 2 from my memory. One is pink and the other is pink and black?

you basically need to feed the hotwire wire to the fuse input block that is on the two step , then out from that to the coil ,

you can do this by hotwiring the ign module feed and come of that feed to the 2step fuse then cut the col feed to ign module and run from the other side of 2step fuse

Attachments

• ccci.pdf
    145 KB · Views: 206
Thanks for the schematic! I think I got it. But your lingo got me a little unsure. Let's go back a second. So, which wire is the one that needs to be upgraded to a hot wire?

Is it P or M?

If you tell me it's M, then the rest is easy.

Please, I want to be clear on this.

the coil (M) and ign module (P) get hotwired but hotwire to M has to go through the 2 step fuse.
hotwire side of M goes to the side of fuse holder that powers the 2 step , the other side of fuse goes to M at the module
you could cut the wires from two 2step fuse holder or use an inline blade fuse holder to plug it in or just use insulated spade terminals and slide them onto the fuse holder

Thanks Paul. One more question. Based on the last diagram you just posted, Could you hot wire the "P" wire directly off the 87 terminal on the relay as well? Just solder a connection wire from 87 to the pink and black near the coil pack plug. Wouldn't this add more voltage without even making a cut?

Did you end up figuring this out? I just hooked up mine and it works like a champ, i can walk you through it if needed

Did you end up figuring this out? I just hooked up mine and it works like a champ, i can walk you through it if needed
Yes. All done just as discussed above. Works great. All 2-step functions are controlled by XFI as set up on my laptop. And hot-wired as well.

Thank you for offering your assistance. It's always appreciated.

Yes. All done just as discussed above. Works great. All 2-step functions are controlled by XFI as set up on my laptop. And hot-wired as well.

Thank you for offering your assistance. It's always appreciated.