You can type here any text you want

Head bolt ?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

josh young

What head bolts would have a C stamped in them. I seen these on the car and was wondering. Thanks guys!

Seems like the stockers had a C on them... At any rate, toss 'em.

For what a set of ARPs cost, there's no reason to risk 2 expensive head gasket, and expensive valley pan gasket on some fasteners.

If I upgrade I'll def. go ARP. I was reading an older thread where someone said Richard Clark said the C stamped bolts were longer than the factory ones that had srp or something like that stamped on them.Does this make any sense? Thanks Earl!

That sounds more like the rod bolts. At least those can be reused. You do know that stock head bolts can't be reused, correct?

the factory ones that had srp or something like that stamped on them.

sps i believe was one of the the suppliers of originals . At any rate they have been used and require a replacement. I like studs for clamping but bolts are cheaper.

Yea, I knew they are a one time deal with the bolts. The heads aren't off the car, I was just looking at the bolt heads and that got me curious. Thanks for the input guys!

Back