You can type here any text you want

Head gasket?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

tta1401

I just put a new turbo on my car. Took it out for a spin and ran fine. Took it out that night and a turbo Eclipse wanted to play with me so I showed him what was up with my "305";) Played with him three different times and he started to tick me off so I really give it to him. The car started to smoke (big puffs) really bad and breaks up. Smokes real bad at a idle...sometimes. There is no water in the oil. Have not checked anything else. Just wanted to get some feedback if somebody had sim. problems. I plan on checking out some things tonight. I will keep y'all posted and maybe someone could help me figure this out. I just hope I didn't crack a cylinder wall! (worst case scenario)

Thanks
Sean

Well could be a headgasket, but might be abad turbo??

Need more info, got a scan tool??

What part of OK are you in??

I do have a scantool. I know I'm getting really bad knock. Also runs a little rich on the bottom end but seems typical with 009.'s. At ten pounds of boost, it runs great. Any more and it runs like sh##. Could a bad hose do this?(turbo to intercooler etc....) It breaks up at high boost. Did this before and one of the hoses turned out to be bad.

Sean

Last night I cranked it over and no smoke. Let it warm up and reved it up a couple of times and still no smoke at all. Checked the outlet of the turbo going to the intercooler and it was dry as a bone. Pulled the oil filler cap off to see if air was puffing out and nothing. From I was told, puffs of air coming out would indicate a bad head gasket. Still have to check the compression and do a leak down check. This is really bugging me.:confused:

Sean
TTA 1401

Well I would be checking something ignition wise, how old are the wires and coilpack??

Scan it and tell us what your O2 and Maf reading are when it happens, either one could be dropping out??

Phil

The wires, plugs, coilpack, and ignition module are all new. I'm kinda scared to take it out again but I do know that the O2 was real high all the way through third and begain to drop. When I took it to the track about a month or so ago, I had Soft Scan and recorded 2 runs. they both had O2's in the 900's. It was hot and humid. When I take the compression and leak down test, I will post #'s.

Sean

I got about 150 psi for all. I also didi this when the engine was cold. Don't know how much this makes a difference. I am going to put the old turbo back on to see if it the seals leaking. I didn't do the leak down test yet. If this doesn't solve the problem than I might just get it rebuilt after all. Any other suggestions someone might have?

Sean

It was just the turbo. The seal on the exhaust side went bad. I only had it for 2 days. Luckily I have a 1 year warranty.

Back