You can type here any text you want

Header leaks...need gasket part number..

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbov6joe

Signal 1 J-12
When I disassembled the motor out of my TTA this week I was surprised to find that both headers had been leaking something terrible! There was enough exhaust soot on the heads to make them appear to have been painted black. With that in mind, I highly doubt that a good coat of copper coat will do the job of sealing them against leaking. I talked to a vedor who gave me the part number for header gaskets which turned out to be the wrong ones! I ran to a local parts store today and had the counter guy pull out a set of Felpros that were soposed to be for the TTA headers. After looking at them, I thought they looked much like the TR header gaskets, so I had him pull the part number for the TR header gaskets from Felpro. Low and behold they are the same part number...no good for these headers. Can someone please send me the correct part number for header gaskets for the TTA exhaust manifolds???

Is this part number specific to the TTA exhaust manifolds? The Felpro book at the parts store showed the same number for both the TTA and turbo regal exhaust manifolds...makes me wonder who wrote them books???

Well that's the part number I was told to get from other TTA owners and I actually bought another set for a friend that installed them on his TTA and it worked well and took care of his exhaust leaks. I just got a set for when I take my engine apart.

On the box it only states the engine not the specific vehicles.

Have you checked your headers so they aren´t cracked? That´s the most natural thing. I can tell you that the welding on them isn´t world class......... must been a mexican welder :rolleyes:

And i´m Jan´s friend. Yes, they are the correct ones to use.
The reason i needed them was beacuse my headers where cracked and couldn´t be welded from the inside since they where hard to get clean (TIG weld), when you weld them on the outside the headers surface becomes crooked.

OK, the TTA's didn't come with any gaskets from PAS. If your headers are leaking, they are either warped or cracked. I have had mine off about 4 times and the only leak I have ever had was from a missing bolt. Check them for straightness and cracks and if you feel you need to, use some Red RTV and make sure it isn't old and expired as it will never set up.

Back