You can type here any text you want

Header Repair in the north burbs?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Chrisk

TurboTransAm.com
Anyone know where I can take my driver side header to get 1 crack welded up? Perfer it to be tigged.

Thanks,
Chris

Ultimate Exhaust in Crystal Lake. Look him up and give him a call. John will need a head in order to repair you header. I live close by and a spare set of heads. Let me know. Brad

Chris,
I have a stock set of heads too. They were rebuilt and only have a few thousands miles on them. You can borrow them for as long as you want. Is this your new motor?

Oops, I just realized you said header not head. I was wondering why the heck you wanted to weld a head. I also have a set of headers you can borrow for as long as you like.

I remember asking about this a while ago and Brad you mentioned the same exhaust shop and how you could bring him a spare head to weld. Maybe we could get a few of us who need the repair and all get up there while he has the head to weld with. Just a though. Maybe a little price cut for bringing a group to him too. ;) I'd make the drive up there alone but I do not have a spare head to let him use.

Ultimate Exhaust in Crystal Lake. Look him up and give him a call. John will need a head in order to repair you header. I live close by and a spare set of heads. Let me know. Brad

A head is needed even if the crack not by the flange that bolts to the head?
Is he open on saturdays?

Thanks,
Chris

Oops, I just realized you said header not head. I was wondering why the heck you wanted to weld a head. I also have a set of headers you can borrow for as long as you like.

Thank you for the offer Chris. If i dont have sucess this weekend getting it repaired I may take you up on your offer.

Thanks!

Chris

A head is needed even if the crack not by the flange that bolts to the head?
Is he open on saturdays?

Thanks,
Chris

A head is required because of the heat on the header. This way they cool at the same time after welding and eliminates warping. I have spare heads and live ten minutes from Ultimate Exhaust. Give John a call at UTEX. Brad

Back