You can type here any text you want

Heated 02 Sensor

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

InHock

Can you run a heated 02 sensor and burn leaded gas? I installed this on my car to run race fuel and now that I have done it am I ok to use unleaded fuel if I want to?

Generally speaking, heated O2 sensors are a good bit more tolerant of leaded fuel than the unheated types.

X2, I used to run a heated O2 years ago with leaded fuel and mine went bad after a while, I went back to the stock O2 sensor, I think the Denso O2 can tolerate the leaded fuel better.

Thanks guys, I just installed it and wanted to know if I got to far away from home and I had to stop somewhere and buy some pump gas It would be ok.

Ya, pump gas is fine. It's the racing gas you need to be concerned with. You shouldn't be running around with it in the tank all the time. That'll eat any O2 sensor up, some quicker than others.
I know it's a pain, but you put racing gas in when you get to the track, and you take it back out before you leave the track.

Ya, pump gas is fine. It's the racing gas you need to be concerned with. You shouldn't be running around with it in the tank all the time. That'll eat any O2 sensor up, some quicker than others.
I know it's a pain, but you put racing gas in when you get to the track, and you take it back out before you leave the track.

I run 110 leaded most of the time. Occasionally I mix in a little 93 if I plan to do a lot of street driving and adjust the tune accordingly. Most of my driving is to the track and back. I have not had any problems yet. I run a Capser heated O2 and a LC-1 wideband. Everyone probably does things differently but I don't ever drain the 110. 2500 miles on new set up running mostly 110 leaded and have not had to change the O2 (yet). For what it's worth, I moved my O2 to my downpipe, which is mounted about 10 inches away from the turbo. The LC-1 is mounted down stream about 6 more inches.

Back