You can type here any text you want

hello...and help

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

larphead

hello, first i gotta state that i do not own a GN or any buick for that matter (unfortunatly :( i LOVE the GNs). i do have a 3.8 N/A v6 outta a 84 regal, that i am putting into a 1980 chevy LUV pickup. this has been a slow process....becuase i am very poor lol.
well the eng is rebuilt (kit from PAW) but is still sitting on the stand. and i am just finishing up a few things b4 i drop it in. i am doing away w/ all the electronics and smog stuff (not a problem here in Ohio) i have the vacume adv. dist. and the non-electric carb.
anyway heres the problem. its been so long since i tore this thing apart im having trouble remembering what goes where lol.
so first what is this hole and the fitting above it. in the intake manifold?
is it something i can block off? if so how would you recomend blocking it?
20032248667407429926184.jpg

thanks a bunch
john

That looks to be the PCV valve hole. I would suggest blocking it with a PCV valve. :D

Pats on the money....but you're missing the PVC valve's rubber grommet. Once you get one, (they're available), pop in the valve. The rubber hose that's attached to the valve plugs into the base of that Duel-Jet carb you got.....

Happy trails! :D

ok , thanks guys.
but if thats for the PCV what goes in the left valve cover? just a breather? thats what i was planning on anyway.
and what about the fitting there? smog stuff?

Back