You can type here any text you want

Help 3.8 or 4.1

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

USMC_Turbo6

I have the chance to get my hand on a 4.1 block, but I have all of the stuff that I need to put my 3.8 black together. What I want to know is if I get that 4.1 block what parts that I already have will work on the 4.1 block I have the entire bearing setup Rod, Main, and Cam and they are for a 10/10 crank that I have had clean and everything. I also have 215/220 roller setup to will that work, I also have the 1-3 main caps and Je pistons .20. Should I keep my 3.8 or get that 4.1?

You will need a 14 bolt oil pan and tap your front cover to work with a 14 bolt oil pan. Pistons are obviously different and head gasket will need to fit the larger bore. Head studs if used are different. Pushrods will need to be checked for preload due to different deck height. Cam bearings may need to match the 4.1 block due to oiling is a little different if I recall also. Need to drill and tap turbo oil return line.

Back