You can type here any text you want

Help!! Houston downpipe installation.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

pace ta

I need some advice on installing my new Terry Houston downpipe on my TTA. Here are my questions;
1. Do you have to take the crossover pipe off?
2. Do you have to have a lift or will a floor jack do?
3. Do you have to cut anything?
Please give any advice. I can use it all. I am totally struggling here. I have already tried to jack the car up as high as possible and the pipe is just too long. I cannot find the correct position to turn the pipe in so that it fits. As soon as I get this thing on I can take advantage of the beautiful weather we are having in Illinois.

Best and safest way is to put the car on ramps or lift. Take cross over pipe off then put the down pipe through the frame and header. Put the bolt through the tab finger tight untill all other sides are tightly fastened
Throw the cross over back on and test for KR.

Before you do any of this make sure you dont have subframe connectors.You will have to section the pipe and reweld.
HTH
Bo

Be ready to take it on and off a few times when installing. It will have to be dented in so it will not hit the frame. ;)

mine went in fairly well ( 4-6hrs), no dents. how are your motor mounts? put mine up on stands, took crossover down and torqued motor over to drivers side with a strap. had to persuade pipe between motor and frame rail but after that it was fairly easy.

It's an excellent time to replace the passenger motor mount when you have the downpipe out. New mounts made all the difference in mine.

I expect to have the same issues. Some here had no problems, others had lots.

Use a Ouigi board and a Magic 8 Ball. Worked when I was trying to get the carriers back on the front calipers.

I'd be VERY interested to see how you fare with this. Please post an update with pictures so those of us who haven't done it yet know what we *might* have to do.

Again, seems (so far) like a roll of the dice. Some fit fairly okay, others have been driven to drinking. Some here had great luck when using the poly mounts, since there's extra clearance as an added bonus. Others have sub-frame connectors and have even MORE issues.

Do you have those? If not, and I'm sure most will agree, if you're gonna do those at some point (most do) install the THDP after since you'll have to cut/weld because of that.

Do a search, and you'll likely confuse yourself. But do it still. THDP is the most common acro. for it. Great info out there. Some bang them into fitting, some dent them into fitting. Others think those that did are sniffing glue, since it worked well for them.

Wish ya luck!:cool: :cool:

Back