You can type here any text you want

help me find this insane whistle.. please

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ledzepman

new here. my gn has a screaming loud whistle near intake. found a vac line hidden, looks like the cruise control. cruise never worked before so i believe i purchased the car like this. yep my fault. we tried the vac block gasket, all new lines. switched throttle bodies and plenums. no luck new gaskets , also new intake gasket. still have the whistle that is loudly and clearly coming from intake area. who can help me ???

When does it occur? The throttlebody will whistle under light cruise if the seals for the shaft the blade mounts to are bad.

When does it occur? The throttlebody will whistle under light cruise if the seals for the shaft the blade mounts to are bad.
as soon as we attaced the vac hose back to the cruise. .this is parking and idling. same when driving. we were doing several checks , tps and fuel pressure was way wrong, was a pig. wonder if it was purposely done as cruise wasnt working. i have a very experienced gn guy tweaking the car, which was much needed. we cant solve it.

pcv line rotted. Find soeone with a smoke machine. Where are you located?

A long piece of 3/8 or 1/2 inch hose works great as a stethoscope. Put one end to your ear and use the other to scan the intake area.

HTH

RL

EGR???
All necessary check valves in, in the correct direction and working?
Crankcase vented?

Im in Michigan. the car is at a shop in Clinton Township. Ill be going there this afternoon to try these suggestions. so far everything has been removed, checked, regasketed . even checked injectors. tried different plenums and throttle bodies, found a crappy home made gasket by a local (so called) buick gn expert. currently undoing bad hack(thief) work with a qualified and well experienced guy. im confused by the fact that the whistle is gone as soon as you unplug the cruise vac line. plug it in equals screaming vac leak whistle.

Make sure the injectors are seated in the intake, wiggle them to see if the sound changes. Might need new o-rings.

get some brake clean and spray around where you think the whistle is coming from ...when you spray over the leak the noise will stop for a split second and the car might spudder from th eextra fuel

Pull the rockers and psi test the intake tract from the compressor inlet. Use soap bubbles...youll find it then. Probably find a few others as well.

Diaphram in the cruise control unit?

Back