You can type here any text you want

Help me pass smog

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Tori

I don't even know where to start.... My car has been sitting for the past 1.5 years. And normally getting it to pass smog isn't too big a deal. I do the same thing every tow years and it'll pass. Install the cat, hide the translator, install the emissions chip and adjust the fuel pressure.
This time when i do this, it idles fine but the 2500 rpm range it starts cutting out runs like shit.
Exhaust will bring tears to your eyes.
The TT emissions chip says 38# fuel pressure, - is that with the vac. line on or off ? This was also the same chip i used with my stock 30# injectors, now with 42# injectors, does that have an impact ? Turbo Tweak says no.
I've tried adjusting fuel pressure up and down at the 2500 rpm range and it has little to no effect.
With the TT emission chip, do i need to move the Translator Base switch to 5 ? (10% lean at idle). - isn't the chip doing that ? I've passed in the past without adjusting the Translator.

Anyone care to offer advise ?

I would think the emissions chip would still have to be redone for the 42# and the 38# is line off. Can you get a hold of a good stock maf to try? I used to use the stock maf, cat and TT emissions chip and set the FP down to where it said and the car passed.

I don't have easy access to a stock MAF. Never needed one in the past. Plus i don't have an air filter that would fit it.

you cant run a chip burned for stock injectors and use 42# injectors and expect it not to be extremely rich
have eric make you a 42# emission chip or put the 30# injectors back in for the test

you cant run a chip burned for stock injectors and use 42# injectors and expect it not to be extremely rich
have eric make you a 42# emission chip or put the 30# injectors back in for the test
Thank you. I called Eric this morning and he said the same thing. Its so strange, i know i asked him about this when i bought the Emission chip.
Will report back, but this should fix my issue.
Thank you again

Thank you. I called Eric this morning and he said the same thing. Its so strange, i know i asked him about this when i bought the Emission chip.
Will report back, but this should fix my issue.
Thank you again
Take it back to the same place. Obviously they did not notice it either.

Well, got the correct 42# inj. emission chip installed and while it's better (probably fine) at idle, it runs like crap at 2500 rpm. Starts cutting out and missing. I've adjusted the fuel pressure above and below the 38# (line off) and it doesn't make much difference.
Any thoughts ?

when did you last replace the O2 sensor? do you have a scan tool? I've run the TT emissions chip with 42# injectors and had problems if O2 sensor was old - mine ran ok at RPM, tho - just too much HC in sniffer. Replaced O2 sensor and passed - CA-East, aka CO. definitely turned the boost control WAY down - 8-10psi max, lol

when did you last replace the O2 sensor? do you have a scan tool? I've run the TT emissions chip with 42# injectors and had problems if O2 sensor was old - mine ran ok at RPM, tho - just too much HC in sniffer. Replaced O2 sensor and passed - CA-East, aka CO. definitely turned the boost control WAY down - 8-10psi max, lol
It's been probably 4 years, but the car hasn't gone 1,000 miles in that time. It did run really bad for a bit while i sorted that out, but it never really was driven due to not being dependable. Maybe went 50 miles like that. I have a Scanmaster only. How do you turn the boost control down ?

Back