Help Needed Quick.

Vigor 87GN

Hey sorry for the rush,,, we did a few things to the car today. And decided we would throw on the new springs i bought a few months ago. I asked a couple people for help, and they told me basically to lift the rear end up, and the old shocks should pop out. And the new ones should go right in...

well i did that, we got the shocks out pretty easily (using screw driver and crow bar lol). Well getting the new ones on wasnt as easy. We tried using clamps, we made them a bit smaller. Then we ran to pep boys got a special tool. It worked great, it made the shocks sugnificantly smaller so we could fit them in. However we now ran into a problem, with the tool on there. We cant fit springs in past the exaust and shocks.

My question is, is there a more simple solution.

And how do i remove the Shock???

BTW: these are the springs Red Regal T sells.

Jack the car up by the rear end. Then put jackstands under each side of the frame just in front of the rear wheels. Then lower the jack and let the rear end hang in the air. Unbolt the springs and they should come out fairly easy. Just do one side at a time.

Thanks for the swift response john....

I have already jacked the car up, just as you stated (near rear)... The rear is hanging, but i cant fit the new springs in. I have to take off the shocks, and hints you might add on doing so.

thanks!

try taking the shocks loose from the rear end housing at th lower
mounting bolts.
should gain a couple of inches there.
then use the jack to lift the rear end up to get the shocks back on

If you have the bottom of the shocks disconnected from the rear end and the springs still don't come out, use the jack under one of the rear tires. It should allow the spring on the opposite side to come out.

Mike