You can type here any text you want

Help Please

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BADINBLACK6

My uncle has a TTA with 62 miles on it he tried to start it the other day and it cranked fine but would not start. He put some gas in it and same problem. He took it to get the fuel pump replaced thinking that was probably the problem. The guy fixed the fuel pump started car. Now the car starts ok when it is cold but has trouble or won't start when it is hot. The mechanic said something about low pulse on the injectors or something. The car has basically been sitting in storage since 1989. Could it have been the fuel pump? could injectors go bad? Why is it hard to start when hot. I was at his house a couple yrs ago and I started the car and drove it to his other warehouse and it started and drove fine.The car is completely stock and only 62 miles on it.
TIA

62 miles??

Damn, he needs to give that car to me. I'll drive it for him :)

Anyway, I'd do the routine tune up thing.

1. replace spark plugs.
2. Check the battery.
3. Check the http://www.gnttype.org/ :D

Hope this help some.

Lemme see..it sits for 13 years...all the fluids are toast,anything in the fuel system is probably toast,get ready for oil leaks...

Car like that..sell it to a museum..thats where it belongs..But if you must drive it..start replacing stuff..cuase it does go bad from sitting...

Good luck..really..just becuase its new doesnt mean its suppossed to stay new ..

Back