You can type here any text you want

Help!!! Torq Conv Lockup Problem!!!!!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

GMGUY2

Just bought a 33,000 mile '89 TTA, bone stock, and on the way home I noticed that when the car gets up to temperature and goes throught the gears it goes from 1st, to 2nd Lock, 3rd Lock, and then 4th Lock. Even tried to tap brake to unlock torque converter when going down highway, but it won't. Feels like my GN when I would accidentally leave my lock-up switch on.

The previous owner that has had it since 1995 is a retired older lady that has never touched the car. So I don't think it is a strip chip.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks,
Jeff

Bad lockup solenoid in the tranny. Very common problem.

It is what it is :)

Where is the best place to get a replacement solenoid? How hard is it to change?

Thanks for the help!!!

Jeff

Very easy to change. Buy a replacement, pull tranny pan off and look for the old TCC solenoid switch. The new switch will have directions.

I got mine from a local tranny shop.

Bo

NAPA has them. I used the 700R4 version with the spacers. Glad I had the Art Carr pan on when mine went out, nice to have a drain plug. Dextron showers are no fun. ;)

Back