You can type here any text you want

Help with mods

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

souljasmooth

I just purchased an 89 TTA w/ 80K miles and is completely stock. I drove the car a long way home, and was kind of dissapointed with the performance/sound of the car. I had a modded up GN before this car. My GN had a TE-44 w/alky and ATR single shot exhaust, and a bunch of other things. The turbo screamed in that car. The TTA is totally quiet.

One thing I noticed about the TTA is that you really need to floor it before the turbo boost gauge shows any boost. Is this normal? I have no idea where the boost level is set at. How can I tell?

Here are my modification questions. Is there any way to get the TTA in the 12 sec. qrt mile without doing any major mods? High 12's is fine, as I just want to make it a little faster than stock. I want to keep most everything stock. How can I make the stock turbo scream really loud? Should I add a 3" downpipe with external wastegate, and exhaust? What about a Dump pipe? What exhaust will be closest to the ATR single shot I had on my GN? I dont want ricer sound.

What about a performance chip?

I want to keep things as simple as possible. The car is going to be a weekend driver only. Thanks, HH

I'd just do an alky set up and a chip.. a K@N to .. EASY EASY 12s with traction.. this is providing the car is running right before ya start :cool:

I didnt really want to do alky on this car. What other chips do they make for the stock setup? What about making the turbo louder? thanks.....

Are you going to use race gas or pump gas?

If your going to use pump gas... 12's are going to be hard to get on a stock car.

Chip... same as the GN.

What about making the turbo louder? thanks.....

you can disconnect the oil feed line to the turbo and it will make a LOT of noise :eek: make sure ya plug the feed line so oil doesn't go all over the place :biggrin: oh once it seizes from lack of oil it may not make any more cool screams :cool:

Back