You can type here any text you want

Help with PTE chip

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

HOOGENRAAD

Just wondering if anybody might help me with my chip. I ordered a street and a race chip from Precision. When I installed my race chip at the track, the fuel pump would not run. My list of mods are 50# injectors, hotwired pump, and a lock-up single disc vigilante converter. Any information would be appreciated :) Thanks!

HOOGENRAAD said:
Just wondering if anybody might help me with my chip. I ordered a street and a race chip from Precision. When I installed my race chip at the track, the fuel pump would not run. My list of mods are 50# injectors, hotwired pump, and a lock-up single disc vigilante converter. Any information would be appreciated :) Thanks!

You may want to ask Joe Lubrant, to my knowledge he did all the chips for PT.

www.lubrantperformance.com

John Wilde said:
You may want to ask Joe Lubrant, to my knowledge he did all the chips for PT.

www.lubrantperformance.com

:confused: Sorry after I Left PTE about 6 months ago for greener pastures :) ... I was no longer doing the chips for them.

I believe they were being sub-contracted to someone else?

They were left with some base programs, that of course needed touch up depending on turbo, fuel, timing etc, relating to specific customer needs.

So if the chip was purchased within the last 6 months, I would contact Patrick or Don at PTE and ask them to replace your chip if there is any problem with it.

Joe

IMO dealing with Joe has always been a pleasure.
I respect his abilities and experience.

And no I am not trying to get dealer pricing! :biggrin:

Chip Infp.

Thanks for the information guys. I see your website for your company Joe and I will be sure to contact you in the near future! :)

Did the car run after you put a different chip in? If not, I would check out the fuse for the injectors. Happened to me before.

BTW, Joe's chips are great! I switched race chips from another well known chip to Joes. His chip smoothed the idle out, and best of all, I picked up .4 of a second! Very happy here. :)

I drove the car to the track, drained the tank, installed the race fuel, put the race chip in and the fuel pump would not run. Then put my street chip in and the car ran. I had them done about two years ago by PTE. :)

HOOGENRAAD said:
I drove the car to the track, drained the tank, installed the race fuel, put the race chip in and the fuel pump would not run. Then put my street chip in and the car ran. I had them done about two years ago by PTE. :)

Was this the first time you have used the Race Chip?, or did it work before, and now doesn't?

When you put the race chip in, and turn the ignition key to the on section, does the check engine lite flash rapidly? When changing chip are you disconnecting the small orange wire at the battery? I ran into a situation where you could jiggle the wire and it would run the pump, move it around again and the pump wouldn't run....intermitent contact or slight break in power wire to the ecm! This is something that might be occuring by coincidence on the change out & re-install?

Just for the heck of it, change the street chip back to the race chip without diconnecting the battery orange lead and try it again.

Bottom line if it worked before and just recently quit, I'm not sure PTE will replace it...but you never know? I still would call Patrick at PTE and ask.

You can as an alternative send it to me, and I could check it out to see whats up.

PM me and I'll give you details.

Joe

Back