You can type here any text you want

Help with the GTA wheels...STUDS

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

SHEPP2

Hi, I have a 87GN and I'm having problems trying to figure out how can I mount the rear wheels in the front. I have the 16x8 gta rims with the dimples. I understand you put the fronts in the rear and the rears in the front also you have to use a spacer. Well I purchased two spacer for each side which gives it the space from the arm. My problem is I can't put the nut on as I would want to it will barely go on. I went to the part store in hopes of buying longer wheel studs but they couldn't find the right size. Does anyone know the right stud size or part number I need or know the process on getting them on???:confused: I appreciate any help..

don't stack spacers. that's a recipe for disaster.
my car only needed a single 1/4" spacer to put the rear wheels on the front and clear the wheel weights, but if i was to put it on without a spacer the steering arm (or maybe it's the tie rod) rubs the wheel weights just a little bit. i took care of that whole problem by getting a second set of rims and running all 4 fronts on my car.

for longer wheel studs- go to www.dormanprodicts.com and look up your car.. one of the options will be a slightly longer stud. take that part number to the computer jockey at the parts store..

don't stack spacers. that's a recipe for disaster.
my car only needed a single 1/4" spacer to put the rear wheels on the front and clear the wheel weights, but if i was to put it on without a spacer the steering arm (or maybe it's the tie rod) rubs the wheel weights just a little bit. i took care of that whole problem by getting a second set of rims and running all 4 fronts on my car.

for longer wheel studs- go to www.dormanproducts.com and look up your car.. one of the options will be a slightly longer stud. take that part number to the computer jockey at the parts store..

moser has them...Look on Summits website...Moser 8255. They are 2.500" long and a .505" knurl.

Thank you so much do you think its ok to have two spacer on each side?? Sorry for the late reply got off work late last night...also will these fit in the rotor with no problem are they the same size as the one's in there just longer....

Dont stack 2 spacers at all....how thick of a spacer do u plan on using. I personally would go with a 5/8. Baer has them. You can find them on summits site as well...they are about $65. you want 5/8 with a 5x4.75 pattern.

Back