You can type here any text you want

Hesitate/Slight miss

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

russgill

Have an '87 GN. Seems to have slight hesitation or stumble when running between 30 and 45. No such problem when accelerating. Have a new coil and module, new plugs and wires. It was much rougher before the coil and module.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Russ,

what else do you have on the car? what maf? your scan tool?

if SM take out and watch tps at that area of throttle you get the stumble?

also maf reading..stock maf? other with translator?

just ideas

slight hesitation or stumble

This will show you how little I know. If MAF is manifold, it is stock. If Scan tool is the equipment to check all functions, I don't have one, but my buddy who runs a garage does and does all the checking and work on it. What is TPS?

I am going down to his place on Tuesday for a new rear main seal for a slight leak and can pass info for him to check. FYI it has 82,000 miles.

Thanks
Russ

Russ,

the TPS is your Throttle Position Sensor
the MAF is your Mass Air Flow Sensor

You WILL need at the very least a Scan Master...do a search on it
its hard wired into your ECM and you use it to watch what your sensors do at any givin time, It helps to troubleshoot situations such as this

Mike

On the flip side Ocala is not real far from alot of help here in C. Fl

Mike,
I'll take the info when I go down next week. I did join the CFL GN club and do see some folks who do work on then. Is that what you meant by help available in CFL?

Thanks
Russ

Back