You can type here any text you want

Hey Razor.......

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

postal

Peoples champ runner up
Is the RJC power plate and alky a good combo? I put a PP on when I had my car apart for over a yr. Now that the car is back out my SMC alky kit is on my nephews GN (I'm in race gas only mode until I get my car straightened out so I'm letting his broke ass barrow it). He is a full fledge alky fan now and just wants to buy me a new kit for my car and just leave mine on his. He now wants to go faster and is asking whats next. I told him valve springs(which he did buy but hasnt installed), and now I'm thinking a power plate.

This is what he has:
TE-44, 12" conv, 42.5# inj, some street chip, wired walbro 340, adj reg, 3" Dp and exhaust, 3" maf pipe with K&N, dual air bags, and my dual nozzle alky kit. He ran 12.68 @ 108 in bowling green with a peg leg rear end , pump gas, and recaps. He does not lock the convertor at the track. He put 1000 miles on the car going to the Nats and got over 25mpg with it.

TIA: Jason

The plate and alky work great together. I've never had a problem with mine.

Jason..sorry it took me a while to respond.

Yes to the PP.. I was running 12.80's pretty consistent oct 2001 and installed a power plate and Nitto's..next time out my et's went to 12.3's..no other changes.seemed to knock less as well..I latter did the springs but it made no difference..

The SMC kit probably wont be enough to quench your cars thirst..so yes to alky..but you'll need to probably spray a hell of a lot more in..and that 1/2 gallon container goes very fast when you up the spray. I'm currently working on something specifically designed for our cars..I wont get rich on it..but will be the cats meow :) or as they say in Alabama.. SUEEEYYYY :D

Including a wicked chip to go along with the kit..Rob I have you in mind as well..

Thanks for the response Razor. I'll have my nephew put that at the top of his list. As far as my car goes I bought a NOS kit for it and thinking of setting it up to spray NOS and propane instead of NOS and gas. I figure at the track I'll spray the NOS and propane to help get her out of the hole and to get me up to set boost asap. Then on the street I'll have it spray propane only. Sound any good or do you think I'm nuts?

I'm interested in how that turns out. If it's good I may think about keeping the .82 housing on my turbo and spraying to get some power on the line. Should really run then. :) HG#3

You First :p :p :p

I'll stay following what others have already done...

Cheers

Originally posted by postal
Thanks for the response Razor. I'll have my nephew put that at the top of his list. As far as my car goes I bought a NOS kit for it and thinking of setting it up to spray NOS and propane instead of NOS and gas. I figure at the track I'll spray the NOS and propane to help get her out of the hole and to get me up to set boost asap. Then on the street I'll have it spray propane only. Sound any good or do you think I'm nuts?

Really..I dont think your car needs any help out of the hole..if anything it could probably use MPH out the gate..get that MPH up..but be careful what you ask for..once you go over that 650 flywheel HP..the bottom end becomes questionable..and if it cough's on NOS..bring a broom at that power level..

Its not like your running 13's and want to get it into the 12's..

Julio

Is anyone having specials on running 11's? If so how much and I'll take two one for me and one for my buddy! JK! Hope to have the hg's done and either a new turbo or at the very least a .63 housing for the 60 in 3weeks. Now If I could get in touch with mother nature and tell her to turn off that faucet everything would be fine!

Pete

Really..I dont think your car needs any help out of the hole..if anything it could probably use MPH out the gate..get that MPH up..but be careful what you ask for..once you go over that 650 flywheel HP..the bottom end becomes questionable..and if it cough's on NOS..bring a broom at that power level..

Well the help I'm looking for out of the hole is to build boost on the line as fast as possible so I'm not smoking the crap out of my tranny trying to build boost. Heres what I'm thinking: Stage the car and start building a little boost, first or second amber hit the nos(75hp shot), third amber or so let it rip. Have a hobbs switch shut NOS off in the 15 to 20# boost range. If it does lower my 60' that will be cool also but main reason is to save tranny and stuff. My buddy Rodger Davis smoked his tranny ($1600) balooned his 9" torque convertor ($600) and because the T/C balooned it took out some thing in his short block and he had to run through his motor (the new crank alone was $600). So I'm thinking if I can build my launch boost real quick this will help keep me from getting into these expenses, and I'll be able to leave on the light instead of when I'm ready which will make braket racing more fun.

As far as my MPH goes I think that will come when I get my fuel system fixed. My 60's being in the 1.4's and leaving at only 8-10#'s of boost kind of leads me to believe that I'm making some good HP. But some where into 2nd gear I start losing my fuel pressure and the car starts falling off big time. I still managed 96.x MPH in the 1/8th. You can see it on video tape too. The car comes out and looks like its going to tear up the track, then you see it fall off. My dad has a Nova with 4.56 gears a 4 speed and a nasty small block that runs 11.40's. We got us racing each other in the 1/8th on tape. Dad leaves a full 3 tenths before me and about 75 feet or so out of the gate I catch him and go by him like he's driving a station wagon. Then very shortly after that my car sort of lays down and runs at about the same pace as his car. I'm just going to have to figure out what to do about enough fuel up to the rail, and possibly look into bigger injectors.

Wish me luck! Jason

p.s I figure I'm ging to have to break into the 6's and run over 100 mph in the 1/8th to run the quarters I'd like to see. My old set up got me 97.1 in the 1/8th and the new set up feels much stronger until the fuel craps out.

I dont think the converter balloons from building boost but by shocking it..and if its built rite with the "correct" anti-ballooning plates and billet covers..cant see how..again if its built rite. I've seen a stock GN balloon a 10 inch Dacco converter..obviously wasnt rite.

Run straight Nos and race gas you shouldnt have an issue.

The NOS on the bottom end is a solid trick to do. just make sure the fuel is up to par.

My ex-car ran 6.80 @ 103 ... 70 Camaro 462 at 13 PSI :D street car.

http://www.blown70.50megs.com

Get those video's on the net..would love to see your car do its thing.

Cheers

Julio

My convertor is older Art carr. They now come with the anti balooning plates but mine didnt. Doesnt building boost put wear and tear on the tranny though? When I get the car back out I'll try to get some good video on it and get it on the net. I'm not going to mess with NOS at all until I get it running right. Depending on how it runs I may not even install it.

Jason

Racing puts wear and tear on the tranny :D

My tranny temp guage on my Camaro would skyrocket when the car was idling in traffic..slipping..

4-10 seconds on the converter..if you run a good cooler..no problem..just keep an eye on the oil for any debris..if the converter balloons the thrust bearing is what gets taken out..copper debris will show up in the oil. Always vacuum out the oil to make sure the pan is clean..our cars you cant drain all the oil becuase of the nut welded inside the pan. I use a Mity-Vac after draining the oil and pull out about 4-5 small cups full of oil then inspect it.

HTH

Julio

Back