You can type here any text you want

High Compression Pistons...Where do you get them.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Co2une

I'll Try this again.. Where is a outlet for 9:1c/r pistons or better. I've searched the Internet and can only find trubo dish type. I'd like to find some Flat tops.

Right Now I Have, 231 Edlebrock Performer Intake, Carter AFB Comp 600cfm, Headman Headers, Hot Street cam, HiVo Oil Pump, Dbl Roller Chain, Moly Push Rods. I bought the Engine like this, Also What HP will this put out with better pistons.

search for pistons?? well a few companies offer them...the companies in the previous reply and also....

Kenne-Bell-
9.5-10.2 to 1 hypereutectic pistons
available in standard bore and .030 over
notched or un-notched
includes pins
$199
no website...but you could call (909) 941-6646 for a catalog or price sheet. kenne bell also has many other N/A parts.

Poston-
10.0 to 1 notched hypereutectic pistons
available in standard, .020, .030, .040, .060
includes pins
$195
no website to my knowledge...but you can call (251) 368-8577 for a free catalog

hope this helps you out

Where can I see the difference between the notched and non-notched piston (in picture)?

In the real world, what that means ??

notched refers to notches put in the top of the piston to allow for piston to valve clearance when using higher compression and higher valve lifts. using a piston that isnt "in the hole" as much, using a head that has been milled, and using too high of a lift cam could cause the piston to contact the valve....yeah you guessed it...thats not too cool. if you have any doubts just get the notched piston because it is usually no extra cost.

you could go to about any piston website or look in a jegs or summit catalog and see the valve reliefs...not quite notches but you get the idea. most of the pics you see will be of small block chevy pistons which actually have a dome. the buick v6 does not need a domed piston because if its much smaller combustion chamber.

Thanks ! I see what you mean! These kind of pistons are common in chevy motor !!! It's just my english is not top notch !:D

oh yeah almost forgot....there is another choice you have for higher compression pistons.

according to the Jim Ruggles buick v6 guide, you can go with a 3.0L buick v6 piston which will give you a compression ratio of roughly 12 to 1. mill the heads a little and get 14 to 1....wild huh?? dont know how long it would last...but hey...its just cool!!

the Ruggles guide also says you can use buick 350 pistons...although i dont think its very likely because the 350 and the odd fire v6's use offset rod journals which would cause problems.

oh...always check piston to valve clearance...especially in the 3.0: piston case!!!

Aaron

V6 Performance Book...Pistons

I just got the book in, Looks like the 3.0 pistons with Molly Rings is the way to go. The Book says that with these pistons it'll kick the C/R to 10:1 with no milling piston for the rod offset. I can get a set with rings for around $150 from Auto Zone..... So now if the Dyno 2000 is correct, She'll be getting about 250hp 260ftlb. BTW found my transplant car, 1987 740 turbo Volvo. It weighs 3000lbs and has a 3.53 ratio posi rearend with a factory type of four link setup. Who would have thought that a Volvo would way that little. Rice'ers Beware!!!!!!!!

Back