You can type here any text you want

Hissing/Vacuum leak from climate control

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

GNICETRY

Cat&wife post starter
So my VENT did not work. All I would get is air out the defroster and heater (floor). I ordered an AC 9 port vacuum valve as I thought that was the culprit. See link below. Well I took everything apart and low and behold the metal upside down U that is supposed to be connected to the 9 post vacuum valve is not. The metal U is what moves when you move your climate control to A/C, VENT, Heater etc. The little stub or tab or whatever (the piece in the 8 O'clock position in the link) was not being moved by the metal U. Apparently the metal U was not really bent towards the vacuum port (front of the car). So I took the vacuum port off, there is a tiny 6mm I think bolt on the bottom of it, and took some needle nose pliers and bent the metal U forward (towards the front of the car). Now my VENT works and the hissing is gone. I only had hissing when I had the temperature in the HOT position.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000C9GXPA/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

So my VENT did not work. All I would get is air out the defroster and heater (floor). I ordered an AC 9 port vacuum valve as I thought that was the culprit. See link below. Well I took everything apart and low and behold the metal upside down U that is supposed to be connected to the 9 post vacuum valve is not. The metal U is what moves when you move your climate control to A/C, VENT, Heater etc. The little stub or tab or whatever (the piece in the 8 O'clock position in the link) was not being moved by the metal U. Apparently the metal U was not really bent towards the vacuum port (front of the car). So I took the vacuum port off, there is a tiny 6mm I think bolt on the bottom of it, and took some needle nose pliers and bent the metal U forward (towards the front of the car). Now my VENT works and the hissing is gone. I only had hissing when I had the temperature in the HOT position.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000C9GXPA/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER
I'm not too happy about the build quality of those 9 port vac selector switches. I bought 2 NEW switches and BOTH leak. Whenever I turn on my HVAC, I can see the vac/boost gauge lose 1-2"hg. I hooked my mighty vac up to one of the diaphragms under the dash, put my ear right up to switch, and could hear the switch(es) hissing as I pumped. I even tried sealing the connections with silicone before I realized it was the switches themselves that were leaking. It's a small vac leak, but there's not enough vacuum at the head to completely shut off the floor vents. I'm glad to see you got your issue solved though.

Back