You can type here any text you want

Hot-Air on well modded 3000GT TT!!!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Daniel Jost

Squirtin six
I go to high school with a kid who's friend Brandon has a well modded Mitsu 3000gt twin turbo. I have a class with him and almost everyday he would nag me about racing him with my GN, and there was all sorts of bench racing/Sh!+ talking going on. My tranny wouldnt shift into 2nd at WOT so i was reluctant to do so, but i set a time at the track to go run them. Just so happends that his new 3" pipeing and large Apex intercooler didnt come in so we had to wait for another weekend. Finally yesterday i had my car out, it was a nice day, to make a long story short i call him because my car decided it wanted to shift right. He doesnt have his car its getting fixed at the local performance shop were ALL his work is done. After his car is fixed and many excuses we run them. We went from a 20 MPH is roll because that is were he insisted we go from because that is his "crazy power" was from his first gear, I held on the brakes while rolling to build boost about 8 PSI"bad idea for the brakes". Anyways we both launch and i is just a smooth and constant pull other than the big drops back he had when he shifted. In the end from 20-90 i pulled 2.5 cars and we did it twice. They were so embarasssed that they didnt even pull in to talk just went streight home, because their "Guages were making wierd noises" by the way i was on 20PSI he was on 15PSI. I love GNs.

,Dan

Nice kill! Word of advice though, keep it on the track. I have seen to many young street racers die or get seriously hurt. I know it's fun, I am guilt of it, and sure alot of these guys are also, but your young and have plenty of time left to play.

Its great how you made him eat his own words! :biggrin: You should have video taped it for proof. ;)

Didnt know i was even going to race, i was at a gas station putting 110 turbo blue in and got the call. I could do it again and video it this time, if he will.

Thanks, Dan

Good kill. I'm sure you made him aware that you don't have an intercooler, right?

Yes, i was sure to state that i have a direct turbo to intake, turbo setup and that i don't need a large front mount to make my car fast!!

I also got a shot tonight at my uncles 2006 C6 corvette with the Z51 sport package, i had two people myself, about about 600 pounds in people and my uncle was with my brother, about 320 pounds of people. First of all ill say WOW those cars are awsome, and second of all ill be on cheapo street tires like usual. We went from a dig and with all the extra weight i still spun (launching at 4#) completely through 1st and into second, i pulled about 1/2 car then he pulled 2 because i was spinning. From there out it was a pretty equal match he was pulling very slightly, we ran to 100 and he hand just under 2 1/2 cars on me. I was like that was a good run for one more person and a sh###y launch. His exact words were da#$ that thing is fast especially for being a 6. :biggrin: :rolleyes:

,Dan

Back