You can type here any text you want

Hot Air uppipe on Carb/Turbo motor

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

b4black

95% sure it will work. This is an '85 uppipe on an '82 turbo V6. I assumed they wouldn't fit becuase the hot air turbo inlet points a little downward and I thought they used a different connection. But they are the same and it bolts up. This motor is not running and I didn't tighten down any of the bolts. Only place I see a potential issue is the downpipe and uppipe are very close.

I also don't know if there is any advanatge to the Hot Air uppipe. Some people cliam is is a bigger diameter - but I can't tell with the braids on it. Bigger might not be better anyway. The pipe will be going on another car soon, so I won't get to try it at the track.

Something to consider if you come accross one cheap at a swap meet.

84 dp on 82 V6.jpg

That DP is ugly. The whole car is. I'll have more to share on this car soon...... ;)

Just curiuos the upipe for my speeddaddy headers takes aflat header collector gasket. It needs to be cut at the turbo side and have a b4black turbo flange.

Your forgetting Reed Already did my turbo dont think it will be getting the exhaust side soon knock on wood

Anyone got an extra newer (or older) up pipe? I am in need of one, as mine was missing when I bought my Lesabre.

I have one I can let you have. Looks like it's from an '81/82. It might be a slightly smaller ID than a 1979, but I think Buick did that to help spool up with the higher exhaust velocity. '83 up pipe are the same size, just without the bellows, so it should go well with the tube headers.

Send me an e-mail at b4black@flash.net.

Back