You can type here any text you want

hot wire kit requirement?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

GMV6TURBOPOWER

i know on gn and t types hotwire kits are kinda mandatory are these also a must have item for the tta? i also heard putting a fuel pump in one of these is a Mother F_ _ _er is this true? what's required to put a fuel pump? do you have to drop the rear and exhaust? thanks for the help

i know on gn and t types hotwire kits are kinda mandatory are these also a must have item for the tta? i also heard putting a fuel pump in one of these is a Mother F_ _ _er is this true? what's required to put a fuel pump? do you have to drop the rear and exhaust? thanks for the help

If you are running stock boost with stock equipment and don't intend on doing anything more with the car the hot wire kit is not really necessary but it is a good thing to have.

Yes! Changing the fuel pump is just what you said and yes you do have to drop the rear end and move the exaust out of the way.

i'm assuming the pump is in the tank like the newer 4th gen cars?

if so - perhaps cutting and access panel behind the rear seat would be easier? lots of 4th gen guys do this...

dang

I didnt want to hear this,,,,how long for an experienced mechanic with a hoist???????

TIA

Ty

Putting the feul pump in was not near as bad as all the horror stories I had heard. If you have fairly good mechanical sense. About a three hour job once you get her jacked up. Go ahead jump in the waters not that deep!;) And once you've got her in go ahead and put the hotwire. Believe me it will not be long before your putting some other mods on. Boost is very additive!!:D

I did also do it last year. Begun on saturday and finished in the middle of the sunday. It took some time yes, but its not hard to do, just follow some good instructions and you cant go wrong.

Its really worth it, I changed my pump when my car had went 17-18 k miles and the idle was much smother!

Daniel

FWIW

The TTA fuel pump flows more than the GN pump, its the same pump as the Sy/Ty pump. I've read we have a slightly larger wire supplying the fuel pump also.

I bought a battery with 30% more CCA than stock, in my view that helps enough for me. Of course I'm running stock boost.

:cool:

Back