How good of a deal is this?

jkirch26

There is an 87 GN for sale with 44K origional miles. Absolutely perfect interior and one small ding thats not even noticible on the exterior. Would 9k be a fair price?

If its all original and in very good shape, that would be considered a steal. Buy it!

I went to check the car out in person and the interior is as good as new, except the headliner is falling just a bit.

For the exterior, one of the "3.8 sfi turbo" badges on the hood are broke, and it needs new paint. The ding was so small the guy had to point it out to me because I didnt even see it when I was looking for it.

Its not stock, it has a "$2000" dollar intake, but still has stock stuff and it has the 145 MPH speedo. Is it still a good deal?

I'd be curious what other mods the car previously had on it...it's unusual to just do an intake and a 145mph speedo. If the car has good compression and seems tight, 9k isn't bad...though I'd offer less. It's probably been run hard.

The guy said that the speedo was put in when the first went bad or something so he went ahead and had the 145 mph one put in. The car only had 8K on the odometer when this happened and the current odometer reads 36K. He claims to have some paperwork for this.

I drove the car and it defenitely seems tighter to steer than my 91 camaro with 60K easy miles (almost entierly highway).

It has been for sale in the same spot since November. Its sittin in a town of 500 people with very little traffic through it. In November a dealership offered him 8500 and he declined. Maybe now he'll go for less.

p.s. Anybody wanna buy a perfect 91 Camaro Dark Blue Metallic with 60K miles?

Cash talks. And I mean....CASH. Take 8000 in hundred dollar bills and show it to him. Just make sure you're not alone or you're packing. :)

When I negotiated the deal on my GN, I asked the guy "What number is in your head?" He said 14k...was asking 15.9. I said that's the number in my head too, deal. Maybe you'll get lucky. Get some pics for us to look at so we can give you a better evaluation of the car.

8k for a spedo to go bad is odd. Do some diging to find the actually milage. Carfax is not perfect but it might turn up something. You can get a 145 spedo from Kirban you just tell him what milage you want and you'll get one close to that number. Check on the milage!!! This car might have alot more milage than you think!

John

its a shot in the dark but if this car is the same 44K car for sale in my area (central IL) than shoot me an email. i may have some additional info for you on it.

A guy by the name of Matt is selling it for a friend. Do you know either of these people?

TTT so that eiuskoalman will see this
(or any other of you guys that may know about this car)