You can type here any text you want

How much is my Malibu worth..???

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

tbkustomz

Turbo_T
well ive been thinking about selling my car becuase do to some reasons...
but i dont no how much its really worth....
heres all the info since i bought it from day one...

well its 79 2 door malibu clean title ..bought from 2 owner i believe in pacifica california.
original paint and interior. lots of options came with this car such as power everything...when i started the swap i took out the seats and the gas tank and i found 2 build sheets ..lots of good info on the car built in fremont ca. and was sold locally here in the bay area it even has the dealer plates that say ron baker on it..

i had a 87 motor with 82k miles that i sent to BIGBOY racing in fremont ca to get a full gasket kit and arp headbolts put on and checked out...

when i got it back i put it all together with all these pieces new
all new sensors from kirban
waterpump
50 pd delfi inj
rjc 7 pulley set
6152 turbo chrome
3 inch dp
vaccum block
3200 stall
starter
10 mm magnacor wires
adj fuel press
hp fuel pump
3/8th steel braided fuel lines all the way to the tank
3 inch borla exuast
i also got the valve covers doghouse and throttle polished and both pipes inlet maf

i got all reciets

i also put the gn rear end on the car and gn seats and customized the hood on the car..car has real gnx rims on the back and front tas on the front now...

ive probly put less than 100 miles on the car since i got it runing well...currntly stored i havent driven the car in like 2 months

so whats its worth really i have no idea i bought the car for 2000 with a 305 in it interior is in really good shape.body as well

stupidboopin009.jpg

stupidboopin003.jpg

stupidboopin002.jpg

malibu

thanks bro....well some guy offered me a little less than 6k cash in hand maybe i shouldve took it if its worth 4500 but everybody has their own point of view ...so is that it 4500 any body else think something else....

thanks bro....well some guy offered me a little less than 6k cash in hand maybe i shouldve took it if its worth 4500 but everybody has their own point of view ...so is that it 4500 any body else think something else....

I dont want to clog up your post with B.S. but I love sneaky street sleepers like that.... I wish i had the cash, but you wouldnt be interested in a 31 Model A Coupe would ya?

A.j.

Dude, I'm doing a g body hybrid too, not finished yet and have more than $4500 in it so far AND I still need a DP, exhaust, maf and tube, A/C compressor, ect. Then again, anything is only worth what someone will pay for it. Too bad you're not in Houston, it would be a done deal.

Like you said, it is worth different amounts to different people. The easiest way to figure it out is to value it at the sum of its parts.

The rolling chassis approx - $1500
The TR drivetrain approx - $2500
The mods $1000 give or take.
and then you can probably throw in a little extra for the originality of it.

The important thing to remember is that whenever you do something like that, there is always going to be monetary loss. Especially in the labor department. Too often I see people trying to get back every cent that they spent including labor, and it just is an unrealistic view to take.

Another thought with a car like that, is that you have a more limited target audience to sell to. Not a whole lot of people will trust another's work in a conversion like that, because as you know there are a tremendous amount of mistakes that can be make during the process. If you need the money, I wouldn't say that that $4500 is insulting, and I definetly think that the almost $6000 sounds very fair, especially in todays economy.

You can go get a early 90's corvette with 60-80k miles in great condition for approx 10,000 right now, something that you couldn't say just two years ago.

Another thing to think about is if those rear rims are actual GM GNX rims and not GTA rims, or some aftermarket repros, you should take those off and sell them seperately. They would have more value off that car than on.

Hope this helps, and good luck with the sale.

Malibu

well I was not counting on getting everypenny out of it for sure.LOL that would be more of a loss just thinking about it and trying to get it out of somebody.4500 was not an insult in todays economy but for sure wouldn't let my 2 year project go away like that. I rounded up a little under 8k in total build so far. Well thanks just a matter of time if I no I have to let her go. Thank tone.

well ya need to find someone who wants it that has $$$$ !! Ya it's neat and you did put time in $$ into it BUT sometimes it doesn't add a lot of "value " to a car. Now to me if the car was done and ran some #s at the track you would have a better audience thinking about buying the car. Oh I love Buick/hybrids!! I am doin a Mazda RX7.. I can't tell ya how much $$ I have in the car :rolleyes: good luck with your sale :cool:

track

yea i was planning on taking it to the track but when i was finally ready the season was basically over...i had a week basically to go ....

track

well the track that i no of close in november and i forgot when they re open.....its starts raining around that time

Another thought with a car like that, is that you have a more limited target audience to sell to. Not a whole lot of people will trust another's work in a conversion like that, because as you know there are a tremendous amount of mistakes that can be make during the process.

Good point. Except I would think that would apply on any car with an engine swap, but as I see you are mainly pointing out in cases of where said car was not avaliable with that engine.

Back