You can type here any text you want

how much should i pay?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

no-nos

hi guys, i have to install a pair of springs on my gn, i went to a local tire/mech shop they said $100.00 just to install the two rear springs, is that a good /fair price? thanks for your help in advanced, is there a place you guys know of in the miami area,( i can't go too far because the tire's are rubbing )

You can install your two rear springs for free.

If you have a floor jack, just jack the car up at the differential. When the wheels come up off the ground, take the old springs out and put the new ones in. They should just pull right out, no tools needed.

Or if you just have a regular jack, you can do one side at a time, jacking it up as you normally would to change a tire.

Else you can take it to Jeff at Trackside and have him do it.

The fronts are a different story...

WOW:eek: , i had no idea it was that easy:eek: , i can't do it myself, my right hand is damaged, but man they were chargeing me $130.00 and i talked them down to $100.00 and i thought i was getting a good deal, those f:mad: :mad: king mechanics, they see someone who's injured and they try to take advantage of you:mad: , no tools to replace them that is unreal,
thanks jsta6, i'm trying to get the car ready for this friday:)

Originally posted by no-nos
WOW:eek: , i had no idea it was that easy:eek: , i can't do it myself, my right hand is damaged, but man they were chargeing me $130.00 and i talked them down to $100.00 and i thought i was getting a good deal, those f:mad: :mad: king mechanics, they see someone who's injured and they try to take advantage of you:mad: , no tools to replace them that is unreal,
thanks jsta6, i'm trying to get the car ready for this friday:)

Well, that is how it is on mine. I suppose that if you had really long springs, you may need a screwdriver to pry them out, or if they were really, really long you may need a spring compressor, but I think you should be OK.:D

I also removed the lower shock mount on the side i was doing and jacked he opposite side to get some extra droop.

Scott

well, their on , i took it to a different place and they onlt charged me half, thats a $50.00 saving:eek: , i did get to see the way he did it, he raised it on a lift, released the shocks on the bottom , placed a tranny holder to hold-up the rear end and the lower'ed the rear until the he was able to pry the old ones off:)
it was a day and night difference, the new springs, stood taller which gave me the clearence needed( no-tire rub) i recomend changeing them if you have not..
thanks for the help guys:cool:

Back