You can type here any text you want

How streetable is a stage headed stage2 motor

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

49-blues

just curious to how streetable a stage headed stage 2 block would be on the street,what turbo, converter,injectors could make it more streetable? Not to be used everyday- only an occasional fun ride.

VERY streetable. I'm running a smallish HR cam (222/218), T76 BB turbo and an Art Carr 3300 stall NLU. 96 pph injectors on a modified tock ECM with a MAF Translator. Only problem is it runs too cool with a 160 T-stat (I'm going to go with a 180.) Could have gone bigger on the cam.

I drive it to work occasionally. Could do it every day if needed.

WOW! Whats a better size cam like 230/230? Almost the same combo i was thinking about.3500 stall,96 lb injectors,76 turbo.

Cam-wise, at the time (1999-2000) everybody, and I mean everybody, said a S2-head engine would be a dog on the street. My heads had been heavily ported (ASA) with 2.125 intakes and 1.650 exhaust valves, so I asked Tim Cole of Comp Cams what he thought. I went with his recomendation of 222/218.

As it turns out, I could have given up some bottom end. Power comes on very quickly, and is really too much on street tires. I guess I could get some DR's and that would help, as would a bigger A/R on the turbine housing (mine's a .69 now.)

I'll PM you with some other interesting info. :wink:

But I'd say to go for it. The only drrawback these days is headers. ATR's were available for around a grand back then. You're going to drop a couple of thousand now, I think, unless you can find some second-hand headers.

Cam-wise, at the time (1999-2000) everybody, and I mean everybody, said a S2-head engine would be a dog on the street. My heads had been heavily ported (ASA) with 2.125 intakes and 1.650 exhaust valves, so I asked Tim Cole of Comp Cams what he thought. I went with his recomendation of 222/218.

As it turns out, I could have given up some bottom end. Power comes on very quickly, and is really too much on street tires. I guess I could get some DR's and that would help, as would a bigger A/R on the turbine housing (mine's a .69 now.)

I'll PM you with some other interesting info. :wink:

But I'd say to go for it. The only drrawback these days is headers. ATR's were available for around a grand back then. You're going to drop a couple of thousand now, I think, unless you can find some second-hand headers.

I was going to post that he should talk to you! :biggrin:

I believe im going to pursue this route also. i seem to like the conleys stage2 headers alot.

Back