You can type here any text you want

How to unplug power antenna?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Sweet6

My power antenna took a dump. How do I unplug it in until I get a new one?

TIA

Is there a relay I can unplug without taking the car apart? Or is the wheel well and back of the raido the only access to the power supply?

Also, where is a good place to buy a new antenna or the repair kit?

TIA

You can unplug it right behind the passenger kick panel.

If you remove the lower lip of the passenger side dashboard you'll see the relay sitting there, just unplug it and put the piece back on............. I believe the harness connector is in the pass. side kick panel...

HTH

and when you put the new one in there, put an antenna switch on it to save the wear and tear ;)

Get the repair kit. The correct ant. motor/mast is no longer available for our cars ... I kept my old motor and am going to repair the mast on my GTA (TTA still works).

I dont know the numbers offhand, Im at work. A search at thirdgen.org should turn it up for you.

later
Jeremy

Has it burnt out or is is still running? If it is still running you'll fel the relay clicking.. It is not the cover under the dashboard by your feet. It is the little black piece under the bag on the dashboard pop that off and you cant miss it....

Back