Huge Texas gathering at Pinevalley Raceway Sept 6th

Torque Overhaul

O.K. here's the deal, we are doing a mass Tx gathering. What started out as a Tx Grand Prix gathering has turned into something I never expected.

LUNCH AND GRUBB MEET SPOT
Bryan's smokehouse-1pm
609 S Timberland Dr
Lufkin, TX 75901
(936) 632-2255
GOOGLE MAP

CRUISE TO HERE FOR RACING
Pine valley Raceway Park (Click for website)
The track is a 1/4 mile track

With that being said we would love to see some GN's come out for some lunch, cruise, and some racing.

Types of vehicles coming for the gathering
Grand Prix's
Regal's
Rivera's
Bonneville's
Fiero's
GTO's
G8 GT
:eek: And hopefully GN's! :eek:

I hope to see you guys there. If you need a place to crash that Saturday night after racing there are plenty of motel's/hotel's in the area.

THOSE IN THE DFW AREA
We will be leaving at 9:00am on Saturday Sept. 6th for the gathering

Meet spot if you are in the DFW area
Sonic Drive In
380 E Round Grove Rd,
Lewisville, TX
Google Map

I will be there around 8:15-8:30 to get breakfast. Hope to see everyone there.

THERE ARE NO FEE'S FOR THIS EVENT OTHER THAN WHAT YOU WOULD PAY IF YOU WENT ON YOUR OWN
If you have anymore question's feel free to ask

anyone interested in going to this event? i have a new big block car i would like to try out.
EJ.

Ok I might go and bring the Sky? Nothing on the tracks website need more details on this event?

Sticky applied!

Thanks for the Sticky David. The track is not involved in this event. They are more or less going to be surprised I guess. There's no payout, no trophies, or car show. Just some GM Enthusiasts getting together for some TX BBQ and some friendly track racing. Depending how well this one goes we will make this a yearly event, and possibly get the track involved including a car show as well.

What other details do you need?

At 1pm we are meeting at Bryan's smokehouse eating lunch then cruising over to the Pinevalley raceway which opens later that afternoon for some friendly grudge match racing.

David you can meet up with the Dallas crew on Saturday morning if you want then caravan over to Lufkin with us.

Good times!!! Thanks for those that showed up. I've got lot's of footage with some nice GN passes that I will be adding to the video. :eek:

I was not able to edit my first post for some reason. Here's the video

TX Grand Prix Gathering- Video

Again thanks to all that were able to make it out. I got a couple of good shots of you guys running! We are looking at possibly doing a show of some kind, and I have a feeling you guys would probably need your own class. I'll have to get with David and see if maybe he can help me out on the planning/judging. Also David, I would need you or a fellow GN owner to be a judge. There's nothing more irritating than having someone judge a show that knows little about that class. We need expert advice here. ;) I'll keep you guys posted!

It certainly looks like a good time was had by all. You and your buds should come race with us at the Shootout in Noble, OK on Nov 1st!

It certainly looks like a good time was had by all. You and your buds should come race with us at the Shootout in Noble, OK on Nov 1st!

I actually posted that up on clubgp in the turbo forum to get some people worked up about it. Unfortunetly I didn't get any bites.:frown:

Looks like we will be doing the next one in Feb/March, but we are waiting for the calender to be posted from the dragstrip in Rusk. I need to know if there would be any interest for any drivers to show their turbo buicks. I will be putting together some kind of show and need to know if there should be a GN/T-type class. Thanks.

I actually posted that up on clubgp in the turbo forum to get some people worked up about it. Unfortunetly I didn't get any bites.:frown:

Looks like we will be doing the next one in Feb/March, but we are waiting for the calender to be posted from the dragstrip in Rusk. I need to know if there would be any interest for any drivers to show their turbo buicks. I will be putting together some kind of show and need to know if there should be a GN/T-type class. Thanks.

If it's Rusk, you'll find no love from the Buick guys around here!:mad: