Hydroboost conversion

Opie

Here is what I have went with. The set up in the links.I am having a problem.......the brakes are locked up and the pedal is real hard I did have an issue with the c clip on the master cylinder but have fixed that with a different MC. I am about ready to shit can this hydro boost set and go vacuum booster. Am I missing something? This has been a big pain in the butt! Any help or ideas would be great. Thanks!!!

https://www.turbobuick.com/threads/powermaster-to-hydroboost-conversion.307690/

I went with a factory hot air setup mine works perfect. Which proportioning valve are you using ?

I went with a factory hot air setup mine works perfect. Which proportioning valve are you using ?
I am not using a proportioning valve. So you went with factory hot air setup? As in 87 Buick Regal none Turbo?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I am not using a proportioning valve. So you went with factory hot air setup? As in 87 Buick Regal none Turbo?

No, 84-85 turbo Regals used a hudroboost setup From the factory. Common swap is to remove powermaster and install hydroboost setup. They all use off the shelf parts. Did you remove the factory proportioning valve?

No, 84-85 turbo Regals used a hudroboost setup From the factory. Common swap is to remove powermaster and install hydroboost setup. They all use off the shelf parts. Did you remove the factory proportioning valve?
No it still there. Didn't know it had one [emoji3] new to these cars. Thanks for the help I need all I can get

I used the stock 85 TR booster and master cylinder (big iron one). It worked good and then started dragging front brakes. Found MC was leaking inside. Switched to MC Centric 13062036 (Rock Auto)and its back to working good. Only been a few weeks but good so far. Make sure the power steering lines are correct and not reversed. I remember reading on here someone with issues and noticed the lines were reversed. This link helped also
http://www.ihadav8.com/forum/index.php?topic=4228.0

Checked the car out today and after it sitting the brakes were working right or seem to be after I drove down the road and back the front brakes where trying to lock up it's like it is building up pressure as it's running.

I am about ready to shit can this hydro boost set and go vacuum booster. Am I missing something?

Only actually shitcanning the hydroboost. A few years ago when my Powermaster stopped being warrantied by Advance Auto, I wanted to go hydroboost instead of vacuum.

Turns out there was so many gremlins waiting on me to do the conversion, a little reading told me that I WAS going to run into surprises before it was all sorted out. So I just avoided all that mess and built myself a vac conversion kit.

Haven't looked back since. It's simplistic and flat out works. (plus I don't have that huge tuning fork sticking off my firewall).

I did the HydroBoost(see link above). I think it works well though with the quality of rebuilt/re-manufactured parts things can go awry.
OP, I would look into replacing the proportioning valve on the frame. I was having problems with the rears locking up. I got the new brass valve from nos4gn and all is well in the TR world again.

Just an update changed out the remanded Hydroboost with another one works great now.

If I had a dollar for every time someone posted issues with a rebuilt/reman hydroboost I would have a GNX.

I know they are more expensive but the Bosch units are the answer.