You can type here any text you want

Hydroboost fluid overflow problem

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

olds443

I recently converted my 86 T Type to Hydroboost off an 84 GN. The booster is rebuilt and new hoses, everything else is the same. I did all the bleeding of the system, etc have awesome brakes and a good stiff pedal. The problem I am having is the fluid seems to return to the reservoir and "boil over". I mean it's not hot or anything but it does overflow the cap and run down the frame. There are also spots on the bottom of the hood where you can tell the fluid is hitting. I know when you press the brake hard you can hear what sounds like the pump start to whine, which it didn't do before. I do have the brass Tee tied into the return and when I first hooked it up I had it connected wrong and the resulting soft pedal with slow return, I corrected it and now the pedal is fine. I am wondering if there is something I missed, should there be a restrictor or something to slow down the return?

So I jacked the front end up, pumped the pedal, turned the wheel 10-20 times(engine running), repeating 3 times. Took it out for a drive and it still has bubbled over. Aaarg!

So I jacked the front end up, pumped the pedal, turned the wheel 10-20 times(engine running), repeating 3 times. Took it out for a drive and it still has bubbled over. Aaarg!

do it again without the engine running. and don't pump the pedal.

i had tons of problems with my hydroboost (bought car with it) i eventually switched to vaccum. With a good converter theres really no need for hydroboost.

Is the fluid foamy? Check the big hose going to the pump. Make sure it's not kinked and clamps are tight.

Hydroboost brakes are the best. Get the bugs ironed out. You will be happy.

RL

Back