You can type here any text you want

Hydroboost in my 86 gn

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Matt McClung

Hotair guy who owns a I/C
I know that this has been talked about, but I need to know how easy it is to put a stock 84 Hydroboost system into my 86 gn. I still have my old 84 GN behind the shop and the brakes worked fine. Now my 86 that I got to replace my 84 has developed problems with the Powermaster. Since I already have a complete hydroboost is the 84, I would like to use that option. My question is will the hoses just bolt on or do I have to do something special. I know that feed line will bolt to the steering box, but there is no place to put the return line to the pump. anybody have any pictures? Any help at all would put me at ease with my brakes. Thank you

Matt

If I remember correctly

You WILL use your 87 pump--have to adapt the pump discharge pressure line to your 84 original line feeding the hyd. boost--out of the hyd .boost, use the 84 line that goes to the power steering (again high pressure). Now out of the power steering (low pressure)run a rubber lines to the 87 resivior (must be brake hose--Autozone 3/8 in.) Your return off the hyd. boost will tee into the return from the power steering just before going into the resivior. Piece of cake. When I converted my 85 to intercooled last winter that was my biggest worry but turned out to be the simplest. Best of luck

Back