You can type here any text you want

Hydroboost wont F-ing Work!!!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

gbodygmachine

I have been fooling with this for about a week now. First it was a bad master, then pump, then a bad hydroboost, today was leaky lines.
Finally got the car on the road and all seemed great for about 2 blocks.
First thing I lost power steering, went to hit the brakes and the pedal went to the floor. Then everything came back for about a block and then when I applied the brakes they stayed applied. O, then the pump started to howel.
WTF
Hydroboost, master, and pedal assembly are from an 85 GN. Pump and Gear box are from an 84 GN.
Any help would be excellent. I am out of ideas.
Jeff

hydraboost problems

did you check pulley sizes between the cars? if the one on the running car is bigger the pump will not produce the pressure at low speeds also the pump could be bad or the pressure valve is bad or the pump could be the wrong one (not matched to the box and hydraboost) also the way the return lines are routed could cause problems. Hydratech Braking Systems - manufacturers of high performance hydraulic brake assist systems!  HydratechBraking.com / Hydroboost.com go here on the faq page these guys are good and can tell you what the problems could be

Have fun I just put there system on mine have not tried it out yet

Back