You can type here any text you want

I need a shrink!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

postal

Peoples champ runner up
Grrr... I want to put a damn 4 bolt housing on my turbo. It looks like it would be alot of work they way I want to set it up. As slow as I get stuff done it would probably put me behind on getting ready for the nationals. The absolute no brainer thing to do would be to put the T66 on there with a 3 bolt..... but hey I'm retarded.

Maybe the fumes of that race gas is getting to me.

Jason

News in.. ya can run 11's with a 3 bolt housing :eek:

And you can run 10's with a 3 bolt housing :eek:

probably nines as well...;)

Why the headache brother... keep it simple stupid..

Ohh yeah.. delusions of granduer.. we all suffer from those.. you been hanging around too many Cheby guys.

See ya in the 10's on an itty bitty turbo.

The turbo I'm putting on my car has been deep into the 10's. I think around 10.30 is the fastest Ive ever heard of with a T66. Guys with ported heads and cams dont have to try to squeeze each component though. Look at your car. You've went to ported heads and a cam. Now not tweaked out and at lower boost your putting up stronger numbers. I'm just trying to squeeze a little more out of this LEMON!

Jason

Dont you run a 51 turbo Razor? Those PTE 50 series turbos run good for the size. They are half of a GT turbo, because they have GT turbine wheels. They work good because they make the same boost with less back pressure than the TE44's and 60's with their old style O-trim wheels.
Basically when dealing with turbos it should come down to two things. How much you heated up the air compressing it, and how much back pressure you put on the motor for that boost level.
It seams to me that every one concentrates on the compressor side of the turbo. How many compressor housings and wheel combos are there that are matched to either a O or P trim turbine wheel? Then you will have huge debates over nit picking the correct size turbo, based 90% of the time on the compressor wheel and housing. Why dont we have a big selection of turbine wheels thrown into the mix?
Garrett apparently figured this out. If you look up Garrett's GT turbos you will see they have more turbine wheels now. A turbo that is good for about 550 hp will have a different turbine wheel than one thats good for about 600 hp. They arent sticking to the one turbine wheels covers a wide range mentality any more.
The part I'm stuck on is what it the correct turbo for the boost and power level I'm at. A T66 has a real sweet compressor map for 450 to 650 hp range at the boost levels I run. That basically leaves the turbine side and since I'm stuck with a P-trim wheel my only selection is in exhaust housings. Which from best to worse one available is probably going to be 1 to 2 mph difference. I would have to buy a different 3 bolt housing if I wanted to try it, but a buddy offered me a 4 bolt housing for FREE!
I need every bit I can get, some one has to carry on the going fast w/o tearing into the motor flag! :D Once I do get into the motor Ill post a pic of my oil pan. Hopefully there will be a nice view of the underside of my chasis on the launch once I get that stage 2 done. ;)

Jason

Back