You can type here any text you want

i need help

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

JC89tta

I was driving my tta everything was fine, then all of a sudden the service engine light started flashing, then the idea started to surge and miss.. now the car won't even idle.. i'm wondering if the coil packs aren't going out.. Any ideas?

idle/misfire

Hi,
Do you have access to a scanner? If the check engine light is flashing,it sounds like the failure is intermittent.Rapid cycling of this light could also indicate ignition failure, but a bunch of other possibilities are out there. Try to pull trouble codes. If you have no scanner, jumper a to b on the aldl, with key on engine off, and count the light flashes. See descriptions on this procedure at gnttype.org, maybe other sources. Good luck!

well its not flashing, its staying on.. the idle goes up to 2500 then the car just shuts off

i did the a to b jumper, and the only code i got was 12 ecm diagnostics are working. no other coes come up

Hi,
Well,it is possible that you have a code 12 failure, which is loss of rpm signal. Do you have a flowchart for 12?

check the computer chip in the ecm ... make sure its no full of "crap" .. hmmmm happened suddenly ... try disconnecting the maf sensor and see how it idles then ... usually if the check eng light comes on it will save a code ... ohhhh another thing to check first ... the positive battery cable .. make sure its not hitting the pass side exhaust manifold.

Hi,
I agree with Grumpy that a MAF problem could be the culprit. The symtoms sure warrant a look at this. Good luck!

i checked the batter cable, and it wasn't touching anything.It was still in the factory lum.. I did disconnect the maf and it ran worse.. i reconnected it and the service engine light went off, and the car seemed to run fine.. i drove it around the block, and it ran like a champ..Anyone got any ideas? it started acting up yesterday after i drove it for about half an hour, and today its seems fine.

if it is the maf.. Anyone got any recommendations on what sort of maf to go with? like just an oem one or maf translator with an ls-1 or Lt-1 or with the granatelli maf?

Mine failed and went thru 2 remans before I bought the trans and lt1 maf from fullthrottlespeed.com. Do it once and buy the new one.

HTH

well it turned out not to be the maf.. it was a bad prom.. have any of u guys had any problems with caspers ultrachip?

JC89tta said:
well it turned out not to be the maf.. it was a bad prom.. have any of u guys had any problems with caspers ultrachip?

Is it one ultra chip setting that causes you problems, or, its it on all settings? My ultrachip has performed as it should.

every setting.. i pulled out the ecm and if it moved any with the casper chip in, the service engine ligh would flash then the car would die..

Back