You can type here any text you want

I went to the dyno today...(DynoJet)

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Bens87tr

Former Owner, 87T
Made 361 HP and 453 TQ.

Made a bunch of pulls, all the numbers were pretty consistent. These #'s were with the converter unlocked (9/11 2800 stall). Added about 4% fuel with the Turbotweak chip and had the AF at in the 11.2 range. PAC kit set at the 1:00 position.

I tried to lock the converter, but the car was breaking up at the top with the increased load. I'll have to gap the plugs a little tighter and see how that works.

Here's the combo:
104K stock longblock
TE44, 50's, PTE FM, Hemco Plenum with ported stock TB, THDP, BstC, Cotton's 2.5 dual exhaust, walbro 307, Turbotweak Alky chip,and of course Razor's kit.

Left the timing the way it was sent from Eric and boost was around 24#. Played with the boost a little and didn't make any more power. 93 octane as always.

I'm pretty happy with the numbers, but I would have liked to been able to lock the converter to see if it would have made some more. Just wanted to get a baseline for when I make some BIG changes next year.

Congratulations. :)

Still not quite sure how you get that 115mph. ;)

What do you mean big changes? :eek:

You gutting the interior? :p

Ken wants to try Hooters in Manchester, mid-afternoon weekday perhaps in Aug.

Hope you can make it. :cool:

Ben Congrats. Any day we fight the dyno and drive home is a good day.

Look into valve spring pressures.. and gap the plugs down to .030-.032

Valve springs should be good. I had CC 980's put on last season. Plugs are at 32 now, I'll have to bring them down to at least 30 and try that. Car runs fine on the street, but I haven't been locking it either. That and code 42 rears it's ugly head once every 2 months on this car. Too many F'ing variables.

One other thing of note: the dyno operator had to bring the RPM's up slowly before getting on it. Hit it too early and it would bog. Not sure if the alky was hitting too hard on the turn-on or not. Comes on at 6 pounds.

dyno

try starting the alky at a later point, say 10 psi
at what point are you all in with the alky? try 18 psi and see what happens
I have the SMC new kit and adjusting the starting point seemed to work for me. The old SMC kit would boog my engine, the new electronic kit works much better.

Bens87tr said:
Valve springs should be good. I had CC 980's put on last season. Plugs are at 32 now, I'll have to bring them down to at least 30 and try that. Car runs fine on the street, but I haven't been locking it either. That and code 42 rears it's ugly head once every 2 months on this car. Too many F'ing variables.

One other thing of note: the dyno operator had to bring the RPM's up slowly before getting on it. Hit it too early and it would bog. Not sure if the alky was hitting too hard on the turn-on or not. Comes on at 6 pounds.

Turnon is ok where its at. We need to work on leaning out the fueling via the chip, fuel pressure, etc.

On the Dyno, start on 3rd gear and hit the pedal at 3600 rpm's.. that way it doesnt downshift.. should pull cleanly.. unless something else is up.

If you have a TT chip, drop some fuel pressure and add it (via programming) at WOT. That can help. Or on the translator.. drop fueling.

Or call me and tell me your setup again.. and i'll point you :)

Yes, I did. I'll see if I can post it soon, but no promises. Why do you ask?

Doh. My graph does not have the AF. I'll have to go back at some point and see if the can print another. The HP drops off, but that torque curve is rock steady. (if only you could see it :tongue: )

Ben see if they can put the data on a floppy too.

Got the software somewhere to make printouts you can use.

Might be a free download at DynoJet homepage.

Back