You can type here any text you want

Iat relocation tap size

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Ktbregal

Without me going to find out can someone tell what size tap I need to put my iat in the dog house.

My book refers to the sensor I have on my k&n filter as map. I sure it is the same senor. I took it out it sure looks bigger than 3/8. Am I just crazy.

3/8npt is physically larger than 3/8". Like all npt threads are larger than the stated size.

I wish I could remember. I just went looking for my 3/8npt tap, it would have the correct bit size written on the package.
Apparently I loaned it out, and it hasen't been returned.

Not sure if you are aware, but the "true way" to drill npt holes is with a form drill. Since the material thickness is minimal it won't matter . . . But my advice is to go very slow back and forth no more than 1/8 - 1/4 turn at a time, with frequent cleaning and plenty lubrication.

My book refers to the sensor I have on my k&n filter as map. I sure it is the same senor. I took it out it sure looks bigger than 3/8. Am I just crazy.

It was call a MAT-Manifold Absolute Temperature sensor from the factory.

Back