You can type here any text you want

Ignition Idea

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

CTX-SLPR

Howdy ya'll,

been a while getting married and actually getting the 4.1 into the Riviera on HRParts mounts and building a trans crossmember for the SP400 so I think it might have been since before the wedding since I said anything on here.

As some of ya'll know I am experimenting with using an L67 EFI setup on the turbo6 and to get the 98 Regal harness to line up with the sensors on the LC2 based engine I'm having to cut and modify the lengths of the wires in quite a few places. While cutting up the ignition harness I got the idea on eliminating the reversed polarity firings of the stock ignition setup. Why couldn't you splice in a second set of wires for another module and coil setup and run them both off of alternator power. Then run your plug wires of of the "forward" tower on the type II ignition coil to the right plug on that side? Why wouldn't this work or would you need to tie the second tower to the block for the coil to function properly?

thoughts?

You would have to ground the unused towers. I think this is about half of the setup Jason Cramer has - this plus circuitry to alternate which module fires to also eliminate the waste spark.

Back