You can type here any text you want

ignition on wire

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

GTABurnout

Ok almost got the intercooler pump working. I need to know what wire I can plug in the pump to. It needs to be on that is only on when the key is on. I had found a Pink/black wire that is was attached to and tried it in a diffrent spot but only worked like once then quit again. I was wondering if any one could give me a color wireto attach it to so it oges on and stayes on while the car is running. I am so frusturated with it I almost am ready to attach it to the battery and use a swich. Any help woul be greatly apreacieated thanks

I used the manual thats what tlod me about the pink/black wire but that one only seems to be on like 50% of the time. Also it blew the guage fuse twice already. I will get it I just need toget ie befor the first track day on the 28th

If you want the pump to run when the ignition is in the "on" position run a wire to the post / terminal on your starter marked
"I", or run. you can interrupt this wire to install a switch if you like. DO NOT forget to fuse this wire as you will see a lot of other "stuff" is also on this terminal. Pink with a black tracer is NOT the one you want...... Turbota

all I need is a color of a wire that is hot when the is on. Any one know what the use as a hot wire?

Ign Wire

If you will simply run a wire to the fuse box there is a terminal in there that is labeled ign, this gets power only when the key is turned on. you will have to get a piggy back connecter and spade connector to make it but will give you the power when you need it.

Take a test light and test the harness block to the right of the brake booster(with key off and then on). That'll tell you what wire to clip into.

Ok I am soo close to just ripping out the intercooler and shooting it. It works for the first turn of the key. Then it just wont go on again. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: I just got done working on wiring the pump up to the fuse block only to have it work the first time then juts stop. I am soooooo frustrated. Are those inline connector things not rated to work with that or what? Any ideas???? I know the wire is hot because it also goes to the power for the knock guage. Just to be sure the pump works still I went directly to the positive of the battery and it goes right on. I even pulled the first wire and installed a thicker wire and again it worked the first time but quit again after the first time. :confused: :confused: :mad: Can any body tell me what may be wrong I know the pump is still good but I am very close to just replacing it and starting over the wiring.
Thanks for all your help
Hunter

You want a definite answer! Go to the heavy gauge wire off of the fuel pump relay. If it still cuts out you know it's the wiring/pump/inline fuse/etc. This is not a fix all cause you will be drawing amps from the fuel pump so it's not a long term fix.

I think I know the problem...
There is a relay on the pump. I think its shot. I will find out tonight. Thanks everyone for the help.

Back