You can type here any text you want

Infinity Bass link Sub

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

hemi8

Goin Sideways
Has anyone installed one of these powered subwoofers in their GN? I have replaced all the stereo components but it still sounds "tinny" ie: no bass, even with 6x9's there is a serious lack of bass. Just want a drop-in, plug-in and go type of sub., no custom install.
Mike
86 GN

I have one I purchased from a local member of our club. I very happy with it! Provides enough bass for me. You will like it!

Dannyo

I sold my old Bass-Link to Dannyo (above post). It was a great unit for me. Rounded-out the bass perfectly IMO. I have a Bazooka bass tube in my GN now. It's ok, better than nothing, but the Infinity sounded much better. I've attached pictures of the Bass-Link installed in my old GN and the Bazooka Bass-Tube installed in my current GN. The Bass-Link was a perfect fit on the "shelf" between the two Infinity 6x9's.

Danny-
Glad to hear your happy with the Bass-Link. I may end up buying another one eventually.

:cool:

Attachments

• DSCN0196.jpg
    DSCN0196.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 143
  • DSCN2826.jpg
    DSCN2826.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 163
For the Bazooka's to function well in a GN trunk I found you need to fire it into the rear corner of the car at a slight angle. I found out by accident because the straps were loose and it rolled into the corner by itself. I now have 2 and the other I have pointing towards the drivers compartmenton the spare tire well side. It absolutely pounds for 8" subs. They are tough too. They are the same ones I had in high school and I got them used then. They are probably close to 20 years old!!

Generally those all in one bass boxes are crappy. You can piece together a system that will outperform the bass boxes easily. Buy a 10" woofer, a small sealed box, and a good small amplifier. Bolt the amp to the box, and now you have a system that is just as small as the bass box, and will outperform it anyday. Of course that all depends on the brands you choose.

Generally those all in one bass boxes are crappy. You can piece together a system that will outperform the bass boxes easily. Buy a 10" woofer, a small sealed box, and a good small amplifier. Bolt the amp to the box, and now you have a system that is just as small as the bass box, and will outperform it anyday. Of course that all depends on the brands you choose.

To an "audiophile" they probably are "crappy", but I'm not an audiophile. I used to mess with stereo stuff a little and I agree you can get better performance from a sub you build yourself. *However*, I purchased that little Bazooka brand new from an eBay vendor for roughly $80.00 delivered. IMO, it's hard to beat that for "bang for the buck". Once upon a time I would have wanted a more powerful setup, but all I wanted out of this unit was to round out the low freqs. which it does very well - although the Infinity Bass-Link did it better. I also wanted a very clean and tidy installation that would still allow me to stow my t-tops in the trunk which the little Bazooka sub also does. That's also why I mounted it the way I did. It may not be optimal for sound, but it works well and I still have plenty of trunk space for the t-tops. :cool:

bazookas are very hard to beat size wise especially.

if your 6x9's dont have any bass, make sure you used the dark colored wires for positive on the oem speaker leads at the stereo and 6x9s .sounds like you got one backwards,and it will cancel all the bass.

left rear pos = brown
left rear neg = yellow
right rear pos = dk blue
right rear neg = lt blue

Also, if you dont mind adding just a little bit of weight to your car, put some Dynamat in? If you use it right, it can clean up your sound and bass quite a bit.

Bazooka tubes are easy to beat both in performance and in size, just not in cost. Personally I dont like them, as I dont think they are a "true" subwoofer

However at $80, it is definitely a "bang for your buck" type of product.

Back