You can type here any text you want

inhere henri

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

no-nos

hay bud this is the way the block came out . congrats, on your business venture. i hope the picture comes out. notice how the cylinder walls are thicker than that of a 109 block. i'm useing the RJC head clamps also

Attachments

• my engine block.jpg
    my engine block.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 232
Tell you what the blocks gonna crack where u welded the pads for the extra bolt holes . It looks like a 3.8 stage block cause of the pads in the lifter valley but i may be wrong .Laz

almost laz, :smile: , it's a buick 4.1 special production block. ( i did the reaserch) the guy who welded for the extra holes had enough iron there to begin with but he added more anyway i don't need to crank down that hard on them ( the extra holes) but every bit of support helps
this was a some type of experimental block by buick, the iron they used on these blocks were stronger than that of the regular blocks. i purchased this from a guy who worked with a smokey munick-or unick ( something like that )
Laz let me know when i can bring her around. :smile:

Measure the bore it looks small to me thats why i said 3.8 all 4.1 have very little space between the bores .

more pictures

Can you post more pictures of the main side to show the caps? This is a real low production block right? How many of these were made and whats it called? Thanks Henri...

It could be a siamese block it would say 4.1 but the bores would be smaller 3.800 lets see the caps are they nodugular or steel ? rear main production seal or chevy type ?

the block itself reads 4.1 , i don't have more pics of it because it's the block thats in my gn now, that was a picture i took when i got it back from the mechine shop. you are right laz it does say 4.1 and i remember the mechine shop guy telling me they had to put a sleeve in one because it was board-out(not sure on spelling) he placeda sleeve to get it back to 3.8 laz as far as
nodugular or steel ? rear main production seal or chevy type ? i will have to ask fred, i completely forgot.

henri this was a special production block, made out of stage iron, i'm trying to find the picture i have were there appears to have the letters SP on one side and if i'm correct it had something else on the other side i will try to find them, if not i'll give fred a call.

Yea like i thought the block doesnt have the pads for the extra bolt holes but has the pad on the lifter valley and water holes of a stage block weird one prolly a little stronger than a 109 . I bet it those upper bolt holes are trouble i have seen done a few times and they always cracked but you never know good luck . You should shake it down at the 1/8 mile dirt bowl see how your doing we will be there wedsday to test for dead hookers 6 .

Nice Block

No-Nos, thats a nice block you got their. It has to be a hell of alot stronger than a standard 109. And you definetely saved you some money by going this route.

Hats off to you. Cant wait to see the track times.:eek: Good Luck!!;)

dead hookers?

Yea like i thought the block doesnt have the pads for the extra bolt holes but has the pad on the lifter valley and water holes of a stage block weird one prolly a little stronger than a 109 . I bet it those upper bolt holes are trouble i have seen done a few times and they always cracked but you never know good luck . You should shake it down at the 1/8 mile dirt bowl see how your doing we will be there wedsday to test for dead hookers 6 .

Hey Laz I though I was "with it" living my whole life here in Miami but whats up with "dirt bowls and dead hookers 6" ? Sounds interesting Henri...

Hey Laz I though I was "with it" living my whole life here in Miami but whats up with "dirt bowls and dead hookers 6" ? Sounds interesting Henri...

LOL:biggrin:

The "1/8 mile dirt bowl" Laz is refering to is Countyline Dragway and "dead hookers 6" is a track rental event at Bradenton Motorsports Park.

HTH:wink:

your absolutely right 86brick, ( thanks for the link) thats the same as freddy's. Thanks 87GNTTOP
i would love to take here on wed, but i just sent the Ecm to bob bailey to have the drivers done. I was told not to really get on it till i get the drivers done ( i know it can cause damage but to what? i don't know) and put some miles on her. but i will try to make it, at what time on wedensday?

Hey you guy's better check the schedule cause I dont think they run on wednesday anymore , I think only friday night , sat -sun. Dirt bowl :) that aint right , but it's pretty damn funny!!!!!!

Back