You can type here any text you want

injector ID

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

corkatoa

Was told the new injectors I got were 42#, but just read the extender chip says it was programmed for 50#.
Numbers on the injector are :2170, 17104487.

Can someone tell me what the numbers are trying to say/

IMG_1100.JPG

50's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info.

did google. How do I know what brand they are?
I guess I will stop posting questions that seem too simple to the people who know these cars. I am not an idiot (mechanical engineer) nor am I new to g-body's, just never dealt with these particular engines before.

However, if you try to find out basic beginners info on this site, you will see that it is almost impossible to wade through any of it to find out pertinent info, as most threads become hijacked into far more complex topics.
Just check out the s-10 blazer brake upgrade sticky as a perfect example of a thread gone wrong.
Or info on stock downpipes. Or any stock parts really.

Nobody seems to mind answering simple questions when I am putting money into their paypal account though.

Sorry to vent, but I have been reading everything I can find on this site and am not finding much pertinent info on building my car. Getting frustrated, and am afraid to even ask any more questions about the parts I have.

Was told the new injectors I got were 42#, but just read the extender chip says it was programmed for 50#.
Numbers on the injector are :2170, 17104487.

Can someone tell me what the numbers are trying to say/

View attachment 265302

That's a new injector? Looks like it's been used.... Anyway, here's what google found when I entered in your injector number you provided:
http://www.primetimeperformance.com/proddetail.asp?prod=17113738

You say "Was told the new injectors I got were 42#" Who told you that? Were did you by them? Privately or from a vendor/business? I would go back to the source where you purchased them from and if they can't give you an explanation/answer, then tell them you want to return them. How simple is that. If money isn't that big a deal, (50lbs injectors are pretty cheap) then just buy a new set of 50's from a reputable vendor. Preferably someone from this forum. This way if you need further info, instructions or other options/opinions about the product chances are that someone else my use the same device/product and had/have the same issue/questions you have.

On another note, you say "and am not finding much pertinent info on building my car" List the parts you have and state what you want to do with the car and the goals you want to reach. Sorry to say, but I don't think anyone on the board is clairvoyant.... Can't answer questions without knowing without first knowing them. If you spend a little time reading some of the threads you'll see that many new members post mods they want to achieve and list their current set-up. My advice would be NOT to attack or insult any members because they're the ones you're asking for help. Post a question, when members respond to it, then respond back. Sometimes you figure the problem out on your own. Use google, talk with some of the vendors. If one doesn't have the answer, then try another.... There's a lot of smart people on this forum who have vasts amount of knowledge and have been involved with these cars for 30 years.

Also, very important, so pay attention. IMO, I would only talk/seek advice from people who specifically know these cars! Good luck and welcome to the board!

Wasn't trying to be an ass. Not sure about brand. I TOTALLY understand about searching something before asking a question. I usually find threads from 2008 or older when I search. If you have a question, just ask. Yeah sure, you're going to get some folks who have "been there and done that forwards and backwards" who might get pissed because it's been asked a thousand time. But don't let it bug you. There's plenty of folks who are still willing to help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As Chris Kirk said, post up your car and parts in your signature. That will help us by showing what your baseline is (y)
We were all new once, no sweat on asking questions.

Basic, beginner items for the turbobuick that really helped me can be found here:
http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com
http://www.gnttype.org/resources.html

I often google a question I have with the prefix "turbobuick" without the quotes. It typically works better that the search engine here.
Keep at it and welcome!

Injs are Delphi's, aka Rochester.
from what I see in the pic, the discoloration on the lower end is an indication that they have "been around" for a while. New, that area is usually an alum color.
May need to be cleaned and flow tested.:smuggrin:

What Chris said........

Back